Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   BOM 1 Feb 2011 - Farmhouse Block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bom-1-feb-2011-farmhouse-block-t95668.html)

MommaDorian 02-01-2011 02:55 PM

I had my dh try to print temp. B from his Mac. His was even smaller than mine, not even 3/4 "

violetsfarm 02-01-2011 02:56 PM

I am almost finished sewing this block and have some suggestions....... the sequence of sewing on the "front walk section" might be easier if you sew the "front walk" first then add the grass on either end.
Also on the "porch roof section" sew the "porch roof" first then add the sky to either end. Saves some fabric and ripping out as the angle creates a problem.
Just a suggestion.. Violet

pdcakm 02-01-2011 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by candi

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
I don't know why everyone is having a problem. Mine seem to have printed ok. Am I living in a dream world?

Which browser do you use? I thought I had all my templates for the church block measuring 1", but then I guess one was a hair bigger and caused some seams not to match, I was using Firfox and had to play with the blocks a lot to get them all to what thought was one inch test square. I tried to do this one with Safari, too much work and still couldn't get it, Google Chrome was a problem too, I had to dig up my old laptop that had Internet Explorer and wallah, all templates meAsuring beautifully with no fiddling at all!! I was going to get rid of that old computer, guess not now..

i use firefox also and had trouble with the church block printing. had to use internet explorer to get it right. however, with this farmhouse i use firefox and it seems to have printed just fine with the exception of the margins. just turned to landscape and printed again. now have all pieces appearing to be ok. we shall see when i try to sew it. appears that different browsers and printers react differently with quilter's cache templates. oh, well. just one more of life's little challenges.

candi 02-01-2011 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by violetsfarm
I am almost finished sewing this block and have some suggestions....... the sequence of sewing on the "front walk section" might be easier if you sew the "front walk" first then add the grass on either end.
Also on the "porch roof section" sew the "porch roof" first then add the sky to either end. Saves some fabric and ripping out as the angle creates a problem.

Thanks, took note here. It does seem easier to start in the middle.

candi 02-01-2011 03:01 PM

i use firefox also and had trouble with the church block printing. had to use internet explorer to get it right. however, with this farmhouse i use firefox and it seems to have printed just fine with the exception of the margins. just turned to landscape and printed again. now have all pieces appearing to be ok. we shall see when i try to sew it. appears that different browsers and printers react differently with quilter's cache templates. oh, well. just one more of life's little challenges.
How interesting!

pab58 02-01-2011 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by candi

Originally Posted by violetsfarm

Thanks, took note here. It does seem easier to start in the middle.

I was trying to figure out a revised way of doing it, too. Thanks for the heads up!! :thumbup:

marymc 02-01-2011 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by laureneberhard
A suggestion for those that may be a little intimidated....Get out your crayons and color the pieces so you know which fabrics go where....

I love this idea! I am looking at all the pieces and thinking I will never be able to keep it straight, now I have another tool to help me.

marymc 02-01-2011 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by pheasantduster
OK quilter - I do understand so I will suffer and conquer for both of us. Will you do the same for me if any embroidery is needed in the future?

Originally Posted by quilter41

Originally Posted by pheasantduster
OH come on - face the challange! Hope you join us.

Originally Posted by quilter41
Are all these blocks going to be PP. Need to know because I hate PP.

Sorry but I have tried and they never come out for me. They are tedious and I hate ripping paper off. Then I am never pleased with the end result.

I, for one would love to try embroidery. Bring it on!

Matilda 02-01-2011 04:03 PM

What a pretty block! I have my pattern all printed out and fabrics all chosen. I hope to have my block done and picture up soon. Thank you for doing this!!

Shari1967 02-01-2011 04:29 PM

well, I'm still working on the church but I've printed this out. I will catch up LOL!!!!