Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   BOM 1 Feb 2011 - Farmhouse Block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bom-1-feb-2011-farmhouse-block-t95668.html)

I am JJ 02-01-2011 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by BizzieLizzie
Beautiful block! Thanks for choosing it. I am going to enjoy this one for sure!

I have printed the patterns but no matter what I do, the end of the page seems to get chopped off. I have tried selecting that portion of the pattern only but the same thing happens again. Has anyone any ideas please? Otherwise, I'll have to get paper and pencil out! :lol:

I had the same problem. I just moved my bottom margin down and it printed off OK. I hope it helps you as you helped me on the Jan. block when I was completely stumped. I am new with the computer and the internet.

Cuddly Quilter 02-01-2011 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by pab58
Don't worry. I think we figured it out. You can just post the direct link to it. ;) http://www.quilterscache.com/F/FarmhouseBlock.html

Now.........let my peanut brain start to figure this one out!! Let's see........because my "village" will be in the winter season my farmhouse will have snow on the roof and ground. The tree will be bare except for a bright red cardinal sitting among its branches! Perhaps I'll have to include a snowman in the yard. Oh, oh, oh, I'll have to put up some Christmas decorations on the house!!!!! This is going to be another fun one!!!! Thanks so much letsquilt!!!!! It will be a nice addition to my "village" of Beaver Valley! :thumbup: ;)

Patty cannot wait to see your farmhouse - this looks very complicated. Good luck

redvette54 02-01-2011 07:36 AM

[quote=PKWard]I went and did this myself to make sure I could make it work:

1. Open template
2. On the bar at the top of your screen click on "File"
3. Go to "Page Set-Up"
4. Disable/turn off "Shrink to Fit"
5. Reduce margins...these are the margins we used: Left 0.5, Right 0.25, Top 0.5 and Bottom .25
6. "Print preview" to make sure everything is on the page. If not play with the margins a little more. Once you get that then print.

I hope this helps

Thanks for this help. The only one that wasn't measuring 1 inch was A. Got them all printed off. This will give me something to due while the snow is flying.

seymoore 02-01-2011 08:03 AM

No pictures yet huh?! LMBO heee heee hahahaahaa I'm giddy from the BLIZZARD we are getting here in Kansas right now!

Needless to say - this block will take some concentration. I'm up for the challenge!!! :-)

Cheshire Cat 02-01-2011 08:19 AM

I'm thrilled! This block looks just like the house my husband grew up in. His father is still living there at 98. Great block! thank you!

jacquie 02-01-2011 08:40 AM

wow, this looks a challenge!! wooohoooo lol...

i'm looking at all of these lines to match up!! hahahaa... i can see the air in my sewing room is going to be very colourful!!!!
watch this space!! lol

cherylmae 02-01-2011 09:11 AM

I'm having a problem...in order to get the 1" test strip, I do the landscape printout, but then it cuts the bottom templates off. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Tulip 02-01-2011 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by cherylmae
I'm having a problem...in order to get the 1" test strip, I do the landscape printout, but then it cuts the bottom templates off. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

This is a post from PK, page 3. Also check page 2, for additional hints. Good Luck!
Tulip

1. Open template
2. On the bar at the top of your screen click on "File"
3. Go to "Page Set-Up"
4. Disable/turn off "Shrink to Fit"
5. Reduce margins...these are the margins we used: Left 0.5, Right 0.25, Top 0.5 and Bottom .25
6. "Print preview" to make sure everything is on the page. If not play with the margins a little more. Once you get that then print.

I hope this helps!!!

cherylmae 02-01-2011 09:37 AM

Thank you bkward for those instructions, it's what I needed to get mine printed out right. Thank goodness for good heads.

TymeToShine 02-01-2011 09:42 AM

Very pretty, I will enjoy doing this one! ...and really looking forward to seeing everyone elses. I really enjoyed the variation from everyone last month on the church blocks. Thanks for the block! :thumbup: