Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   BOM 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bom-2011-a-t60065.html)

Momma_K 12-07-2010 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by sgardner

Originally Posted by lab fairy
I'd rather not do a traditional sampler. While traditional blocks are OK and I've done a lot of them, I'd rather do something out of the ordinary that uses a little creativity.

I think there are too many "traditional sampler" patterns you can find on your own- I'd rather the one here be unique. So, no to the sampler for me as well. Prefer it to be a solid theme.

I'm with you, something unique. I keep trying suggestions , maybe someone will come up with something...soon I hope! :shock:

pdcakm 12-07-2010 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by dogles
I would like something a person who has never quilted before can do.

the nice thing about this is that you are doing it for yourself, not a swap. it is a perfect opportunity for the beginner to stretch and try new things in a comfortable, no pressure environment. you will be able to ask for help anytime. if you find that you can't make a particular month's block work, you can just not do that one and move on. this is your quilt. no quilt police. ha-ha.

so take a deep breath and jump in. we are all friends here. hope you will participate.

"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~Anaïs Nin

Momma_K 12-07-2010 10:28 AM

Pat I really like that quote, true, so true.

"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~Anaïs Nin

slvrseven 12-08-2010 07:49 AM

why not try a ' around the world block sampler" oriental block- celtic block etc. Blocks that represent cultures from around the world - just a thought .

Momma_K 12-08-2010 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by slvrseven
why not try a ' around the world block sampler" oriental block- celtic block etc. Blocks that represent cultures from around the world - just a thought .

:thumbup: I really Like that idea!!

pdcakm 12-08-2010 12:50 PM

i am liking that around the world theme, too. am i sensing a sudden shift in our group ideas? we will have to see how the voting comes out.

PiecesinMn 12-08-2010 01:59 PM

Never thought of something like that. It could be fun. Have to find an italian block (I am half italian) but that should be doable. Could do whatever part of the world you claim as home or heritage, have visited or admire about that part of the world.

Originally Posted by slvrseven

sew cornie 12-08-2010 02:10 PM

I know the first block is supposed to be posted in a few weeks . . . is there going to be a vote ahead of time, or a tally taken from the threads here? I haven't done BOM before and am not sure how the deciding works on this. Just curious.

GrammaNancy 12-08-2010 02:38 PM

What happened to houses, I thought that sounded fun. :lol:

Qbee 12-08-2010 02:54 PM

I don't think anything has been decided yet. Something should be posted soon....so exciting!! :D

Originally Posted by GrammaNancy
What happened to houses, I thought that sounded fun. :lol: