Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   February 2010 Block of the Month - Cross My Heart - PICTURES (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/february-2010-block-month-cross-my-heart-pictures-t35167.html)

adrianlee 02-28-2010 08:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
11th hour but I got my February block done this afternoon. I had two short pieces of fabric that really had me worried if I would have enough for the block. And wouldn't you know it, just because I had short pieces, those were the ones I ended up having to do over, rip out and barely by the skin of my teeth. This block is made from my scrappy bag.

february BOM
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25386[/ATTACH]

Dani 02-28-2010 08:13 PM

I love your scrappy tulip! Liking the 2 different but same color fabrics on the tulip. Nice job!

adrianlee 02-28-2010 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dani
I love your scrappy tulip! Liking the 2 different but same color fabrics on the tulip. Nice job!

Thank-you. Boy, I was worried, especially the background color, I might have about an inch by 2 inches left. and one of the dark greens was a worry too.

Dani 02-28-2010 08:26 PM

Here are the rest of my blocks. I changed the blue one by swapping out the clear blue points for a more greyed blue floral. And I changed out the dark green points for a lighter more open floral on another block.

I have not decided where the blocks will go in the final quilt....these are just put up on my design wall. I will probably put a sashing with corner blocks in and a double sashing with corner blocks (will be 2 at each corner) for the border. Not sure yet though. I will post a final picture when it is finished. I need to put this away for a week so I can finish a quilt I've been working on for my youngest son (36 yrs).

Dani 02-28-2010 08:27 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are the rest of my blocks. I changed the blue one by swapping out the clear blue points for a more greyed blue floral. And I changed out the dark green points for a lighter more open floral on another block.

I have not decided where the blocks will go in the final quilt....these are just put up on my design wall. I will probably put a sashing with corner blocks in and a double sashing with corner blocks (will be 2 at each corner) for the border. Not sure yet though. I will post a final picture when it is finished. I need to put this away for a week so I can finish a quilt I've been working on for my youngest son (36 yrs).

I think I may have left off one or two blocks individually, but they are in the final arrangement.

Oops, didn't mean to double post these. :roll:

Sewze 02-28-2010 08:33 PM

WOW----Dani, they are beautiful and what a great quilt it will be.

adrianlee 02-28-2010 08:42 PM

Dani, I love all your blocks. Beautiful colors. You did a super job. Did you buy these fabrics for this project or are they from your stash?

Dani 02-28-2010 09:00 PM

Thank you both for your compliments.

I did use my stash except for a couple fat quarters I purchased for background. I will have to say, though, that a few years ago a friend of my sister's, who is a rep for Moda fabrics, gave me some sample packets of coordinating fabrics to put in my stash. I used some of those on a few blocks so it made it easy to coordinate fabrics on those blocks. A few fabrics I just had small scraps of and I did miscut one so I couldn't use it...and it was so pretty.

I only repeated one fabric, but there are a few fabrics that are the same print but in different colors. I had fabric flying I tell you!!! And I have a big cleanup to do in my sewing room now.

brushandthimble 03-01-2010 04:53 AM

Dani, that is going to make a beautiful quilt! Makes me want to make one, but I have to many projects already, either in progress or in my head. Maybe some day..

Donna P 03-01-2010 05:08 AM

Oh They are so pretty all together, that's going to make a beautiful quilt....great job

Donna P