Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   February 2010 Block of the Month - Cross My Heart - PICTURES (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/february-2010-block-month-cross-my-heart-pictures-t35167.html)

aberi 02-05-2010 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Blahel -- great block. I love your colors!

Sula -- are you sure Mom said larger quilt and not extra quilt for her? LOL

Lisa.....My Mom said larger quilt!! :D We are both making two blocks a month, so we can each end up with our own quilt. We are having the time of our lives, sewing these blocks together!!
:D :D :D :D

I'm thinking it is 3 weeks till the end of February and making 2 blocks of each would be a good idea, that way it would be a large quilt... I think I will start working on this

Sunny Days 02-05-2010 03:09 PM

That looks great! Now I am now looking forward to starting mine. Sure hope its easy. LOL

SulaBug 02-06-2010 10:49 AM

aberi wrote
I'm thinking it is 3 weeks till the end of February and making 2 blocks of each would be a good idea, that way it would be a large quilt... I think I will start working on this[/quote]

I am so glad to know that you like the idea too!! :thumbup: We will be so glad that we did, by the end of the year!!
:D :D :D :D

missgigglewings 02-06-2010 01:03 PM

Sulabug: Are you all kidding me?! I always have 2 blocks, the first one and the one that turned out right! lol

SulaBug 02-06-2010 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
Sulabug: Are you all kidding me?! I always have 2 blocks, the first one and the one that turned out right! lol

Hee Hee....That's how I got the idea too!! :D Although my Mother mentioned it, before I dug the bad block out of my sewing garbage & tore it apart, because I was bound I was going to get it right!! Die hard's, aren't we? :thumbup:

oksewglad 02-06-2010 07:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my 2 attempts at PP

My controlled fabric BOM
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22948[/ATTACH]

My scrappy fabric BOM
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22949[/ATTACH]

Debra Mc 02-06-2010 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
I didn't see a picture thread started, so here it is.

It went much better than expected. My previous PP attempts have been poor but this came together easily. I think I could learn to really like PP.

That is so nice. when I get my sewing building finished I'm gonna attempt paper piecing. Love your colors. I have all of them too. :thumbup:

aberi 02-07-2010 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Here are my 2 attempts at PP

Very Nice.... I love the colours,, you did a great job! The controlled colours work great ! Each block is so different from the other!! Big hug your way for the wondeful jobs you have done.!

Sunny Days 02-08-2010 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
my block....was easier than I thought it would be.

Debra Mc 02-08-2010 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Sunny Days
my block....was easier than I thought it would be.

Beautiful. :thumbup: