Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

Honchey 08-16-2016 06:56 AM

Good Morning Everyone, I have just posted the final block for the 30's quiltalong...so go to it all..

I worked yesterday and it was a looong day for me..Losts of stuff going on..did several re-demos for several that forgot how to use & clean their machines..didn't get to sew that much..

The new Mystery Train ride starts on the 10th of september if anyone wants to do that..Judy creates great projects from scraps..I might join in..it's a fun ride..
I'm taking it easy today..DS is in Atlantic City for the Air Show..nice & quiet in the house..

Have a good day ladies...H.

oksewglad 08-17-2016 05:37 PM

They must (quilts) keep having babies....I've been organizing those babies into viable projects....I would've enjoyed your scraps, but just have too much already...going through my neighbor's sewing room I realize I don't want to leave that much to go through...Sew must get er done....put the last stitches on a UFO quilt top tonight, now to press, cut the two borders, sandwich and quilt...hope to get it done before weekend is over...have bookwork to do tomorrow...neighbor brought over fresh sweet corn tonight...not too excited to freeze more as freezer space is limited...going to eat some fresh corn...

oksewglad 08-17-2016 05:51 PM

They must (quilts) keep having babies....I've been organizing those babies into viable projects....I would've enjoyed your scraps, but just have too much already...going through my neighbor's sewing room I realize I don't want to leave that much to go through...Sew must get er done....put the last stitches on a UFO quilt top tonight, now to press, cut the two borders, sandwich and quilt...hope to get it done before weekend is over...have bookwork to do tomorrow...neighbor brought over fresh sweet corn tonight...not too excited to freeze more as freezer space is limited...going to eat some fresh corn...

sewbizgirl 08-17-2016 08:34 PM

I'd love it if someone gave me corn! Or any veggies, for that matter. We did have some of the best tomatoes of my life this summer, grown by a friend and her husband.

So, I'm going to the quilt show in Vicksburg with my quilting group tomorrow. SO excited! I'm looking forward to seeing all the fabulous quilts, but also shopping with the vendors. I'll be on the lookout for some more license plates for you, QNS. This is a chance to get them without have to drive from state to state. I'm ready to SHOP.

The big special quilt at this show is The Last Supper. Looks just like the real thing and was made by a man! They say he was there at the opening night, but I don't know if he will be there tomorrow. I'll take pictures for you all.

sewbizgirl 08-18-2016 01:21 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quilt show was great, but I was disappointed in all the quilts that I had already seen in another local show over a year ago! Too many of them....

And would you believe not one vendor had plates!? I felt certain that the vendors who were from actual shops would have last year's plates, at least. Nope. Not one. Another disappointment. The fabric for sale wasn't anything I needed, and the prices were high, so I didn't buy one thing at the show. BUT, we stopped at the big quilt shop near the show and they had a 25% discount show special going on! I bought some pretty batiks and small prints. I'm happy.

Honchey, here is a Gypsy's Wife quilt for you to look at:

(sideways, sorry...)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]556181[/ATTACH]

Here are photos of the amazing Last Supper quilt and the man who created it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556182[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556183[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556184[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556185[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 08-18-2016 02:15 PM

Simply amazing, SBG...Is the quilt made of just squares or a combination of squares and rectangles? Sorry for the disappointing show as you were so looking forward to it...

Ellis was over today...started on her word quilt...fabrics starched and pressed...basic strips cut...we also made her design to scale. We decided on a 40 x48 quilt...she's such a shortie, and she wants it to cover herself...the width allows her to use just one length of fabric...Will be fun for us to work on together...

Got first borders on a quilt top... now to get the outer one on...later...

QuiltingNinaSue 08-18-2016 03:46 PM

Sorry you were disappointed, SBG, in the quilt show. The pictures you posted were great pictures that you took. I have hear of the 'Last Supper' and how it was so great to see in person.

Ok, always good to hear about your granddaughters and their sewing. I am anixous to see their results.

Honchey, I did not see patterns in the Gypsy Wife booklet, per se. Not like the FW series we have done. Maybe I should read the booklet.

Honchey 08-18-2016 04:00 PM

Thanks for the photos of the show SBG.... I love the Gypsy Wife Quilt..I can't imagine all the time & effort put into creating the quilt.. Nina, there aren't any patterns , it's just blocks & figures and diagrams.. I was a little disappointed in the way the author wrote the pattern.. Maybe we're spoiled with all the directions,visuals & photos of the way it should be done.

Working all day tomorrow so I have to gather some stuff to bring with me..& early to bed...haven't been sleeping too well lately.. Good night all H.

dublb 08-18-2016 04:45 PM

I have been so busy. I have more morning chores since I don't have a house keeper here in Brady. Sigh, it looks like mine from Midland won't be able to come & clean like she & I had hoped. If she isn't able to, I will start looking for one here soon after we close on the Midland house. I also mowed the extra lots we have. There wasn't really any grass nor normal growth. Just mesquite. I did enjoy bouncing around on the riding mower. http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

It has been cooler here for the past week but no rain here on the peninsula. It rained in town (east of us) & on the west end of the lake, but nary a drop here. At least it is cooler!

sewbizgirl 08-18-2016 04:52 PM

OK, the Last Supper quilt is made from all 1" squares... some specially dyed. He showed me a swatch of his 1" squares sewn together... wow. The finished squares are 1/2" and have as much on the back (in seam allowance) as on the front. He took the picture from an art book of DaVinci's Last Supper and blew it up into pixels. Then he gridded it off and built it square by square matching the colors to his pixelated grid. Someone hand dyed his muslin for the backing and it is beautiful... same dye job as the shirt he is wearing. And a famous quilter did the quilting. He had no idea how how big it was going to be when he started it. And it took 2.5 years for his part. The quilt has been done for about 16 years now, and they travel with it wherever they are invited. The couple is from Texas. The wife is a quilter but the husband made this! And it's only his second quilt. (Don't know how many he's made since it.) They travel a lot and have wonderful stories to tell.