Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

oksewglad 04-18-2017 04:47 AM

Yesterday we added 2 little boys to the list of Grands by C section. Mom and babies are fine. One weighed 6#8oz and the second 5#6oz. Both 18" long. Now have 7 grandsons and 6 granddaughters..hope to see them in June as they are half a continent away...

So nice to have kids close by, Bev...hope that flooring gets done! Enjoy the Paducah show, Bonnie....now off to work.

sewbizgirl 04-18-2017 06:26 AM

Congrats, OK! Those are really nice sized babies for twins! :p My youngest son was only 5#3oz and he was a single birth... (6 weeks preemie, tho.) Hope you get to see the babies soon.

All of my kids were born by C section-- I need a 'tummy tuck' :D.

QNS, what lovely memories of your horses. I love to ride bareback too!

dublb 04-21-2017 05:59 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are picts of my garden. :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]571810[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]571811[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]571812[/ATTACH]
Black Eyed peas. These were up in 3 days.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]571813[/ATTACH]
Green beans. These were up in 5 days.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]571814[/ATTACH]
Squash. These came up in 6 days.

oksewglad 04-21-2017 06:23 AM

I'm so envious, Bev....beautiful garden spot....Looks fantastic...I should be outside today, but am stuck in the office. Rainy, cloudy yesterday and QBuddy and I went on a road trip...a favorite LQS is closing due to retirement so off we went...I added some yardage, but mostly to use as backgrounds in scrap quilts and a few bits and bobs to go with fabric I have. QBuddy and I have our next project called Tic Tac Sew https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...uVtb7s4lWnft8rWe want to make it larger. I can't work on it until I get my new computer later today....have a good one while I clean and file in the office....

sewbizgirl 04-21-2017 07:00 AM

Great raised beds, Bev, and I'm envious of your full sun! We have so many big trees surrounding our garden area that we only get a few hours of direct sun per day, and the yields are much smaller because of it. Then there's the deer and rabbits to contend with.... Wish I had a better place to grow some veggies.

givio 04-21-2017 09:47 AM

Bev, That's a really cool watering system!
Ok, congratulations!! What nice size babies for twins! My word, that was heavy to carry all that. It sounds so tiring and hard on the back. I'll bet mother is glad they arrived safely. Two blessings for the family. Praise God all is well!

QuiltingNinaSue 04-21-2017 10:14 AM

What good news, OK. Priceless to have more Grand babies. Glad that Mother and twins are doing fine.

Dublb, that is a lovely garden spot. That Texas Sun really makes things pop up quick. In Southern Texas, we planted in the winter instead of summer...too hot in the summer for garden. It was hard to get used too a different growing season.

Started to finish the first row of Mosaic Magic and the bobbin ran out of thread...no more bobbins filled so I used a bobbin from the 550 Bernina on the 1530 Bernina and caused a rat's nest under the plate...cleaned up that and the needle unthreaded itself on top. Filled the correct bobbins, DH threaded the machine. I started sewing and unthreaded the needle again. Figured out fate was against me, so I quit for the night nad have not gotten back to it yet. Had to take a sinus pill which affects my eye, so I read all day yesterday. May do the same today, since I am too tired to argue with the sewing machine. Found another Brenda Novak I have not read. Found Pork Tenderloin on sale again at Fareway, and bought enough to treat myself to several sandwiches. Love my PTL. LOL! Raised on Iowa small farm Pork...we butchered four times a year...for four people and company. I can remember eating a dozen ears of fresh corn at one setting! Those were the good olde days for sure.

QuiltingNinaSue 04-24-2017 05:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Let us see if I can post my latest quilt row:[ATTACH=CONFIG]572016[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]572017[/ATTACH]And a closer look at half of it. Like these color placement better than orignial block. It is just log cabin block modified.

oksewglad 04-24-2017 06:19 AM

Your colors are so rich looking, QNS....you're coming along nicely.

I started on baby quilts. Making my own designs..check, check. Background cut out..check, check. Cutting applique pieces..that's where I'm at.

sewbizgirl 04-24-2017 02:22 PM

That's going to be a beauty of a quilt, QNS!

I'm back from Paducah... what a mess I made of things. I got there thinking the Quilt Week was last week, the 19th to the 22nd. Found out too late (at my hotel) that the dates were the 26th to the 29th!! I got the dates off the internet a year ago and booked my hotel. It must have been some past year's dates, still up online. I was SOOOOO disappointed. I went to the Quilt Museum, Hancocks and Eleanor Burns' store, and ate at Kirchenerr's Bakery and Deli. But it was nowhere near as fun as it would have been one week later, with a quilt show going on. :(

Maybe I can go in Sept....