Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

JeanieG 03-16-2017 09:55 PM

Beautiful Givio!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 03-17-2017 05:26 AM

Great job, Givio! I like that rainbow effect and border, too!

That next F A R T is getting closer and I am getting excited. In less than two weeks now. One planned in the Spring and one in the Summer to look forward to, so it will be so nice, I can hardly wait!

dublb 03-17-2017 09:48 PM

OH Givo! It's wonderful! :)

givio 03-18-2017 02:27 PM

Thanks, girls. You are all encouraging. :-) Still plugging away at the BH MQ. Not much left, but other activities are getting in the way...

JeanieG 03-18-2017 02:40 PM

I am sandwiching my Bonnie Hunter MQ as we speak. I decided I really need to get these flimsies sandwiched and quilted. Hopefully I can do one after the other.

I am enjoying my Ruler's Work Craftsy Class I am taking. I do everything on paper first, then try the actual quilting. I find it really fun. I enjoy learning new things.

oksewglad 03-18-2017 05:04 PM

I envy your quilting mojo, Jeanie...I seem to want to play it safe when I sit down to quilt. Good luck getting yours done, givio.

Been cutting fabrics for our guild challenge...didn't get March's done, so now have 4 blocks in 2 sizes to sew...just got the fabrics cut...now to sit and sew before next month.

Made chicken soup today...local grocery had hind quarters for .49 per # if you bought 10#...too good to pass up. Made half of it for the soup....have a cup....

dublb 03-19-2017 05:37 AM

That is a great price OK!!!! Haven't seen any that good for a long time. Since my family loves dark meat, we used to buy a ton of those leg quarters. Especially for family BBQ's.

QuiltingNinaSue 03-19-2017 07:40 AM

I am working on the last two blocks to finish my 25 Wild flying geese king size. You all are an inspiration to me to finish my UFOs. One stitch at a time....one project or twelve at a time. Got my embroidery machine figured out, now to get the serger threaded up today and working again....first time since we moved here in 2005.

Ok, thanks for the chicken soup cup! Love it. What spices and veggies did you put into yours?

Life certainly has its twists and turns in it...enjoy the journey, smell the roses along the way.

givio 03-19-2017 06:43 PM

OK, I saw the picture of your 1 1/2" strip quilt. What's the finished size? You are so industrious with the little pieces. :-) Good for you!

oksewglad 03-19-2017 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks givio...I was just going to share it here. The blocks finish at 10"...the 5x6 setting of 30 blocks is 50 x 60. I just don't get good pictures with my Kindle....oh well...[ATTACH=CONFIG]570111[/ATTACH]