Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

JeanieG 10-30-2016 09:54 AM

You have been through a real trial Bev, I feel for you! So hard to be at the hospital/nursing home so long of a time. I hope you have some kind of hand work to keep you busy. You can only read a book for so long of a time. Prayers for your DM.

sewbizgirl 10-30-2016 10:07 AM

Praying for you all too, Bev. Just when you get a gimmer of hope the roller coaster takes another dip! Hope everything straightens out soon. Take care of yourself. I know it wears you out to be at hospitals all the time.

oksewglad 10-31-2016 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 7685886)
I dig these out and work on them when the mood hits me :D

Love to mindlessly sew, too.

oksewglad 10-31-2016 06:09 AM

Getting ready for work...the binding on na by blue quilt is done and waiting on the sofa for cozy nights ahead. Meanwhile planned a new project, a large quilt with lots of small blocks. I am cutting each different block, then sewing a "first" of it to make sure everything fits, then cutting all the pieces from scraps for that block. I figure I have 3 days more of this process before I can clean up the mess the scraps are creating...have a good day..hope the new week brings better days for all, especially dublb...

sewbizgirl 10-31-2016 07:43 AM

Good morning all... OK your new quilt project sounds like a lot of fun. Be sure to show us your progress.

I've been in Memphis all weekend with my kids! I got here Thursday night and went off to Marshall's Dry Goods early Friday morning (2.5 hour drive from Memphis). Had a complete BLAST shopping there for about 6 hours and getting a bunch of new goodies. I love that store... it's my Shangri-La. Just wish it wasn't so far.

Saturday we hit the estate sales pretty hard and I found and bought another Singer 301 machine in cabinet for $25! It has a slight wiring problem that I believe I can remedy by replacing one of the cords that is very worn. Then Saturday night you won't believe what we did... There were several Halloween "events" going on, haunted walks, haunted hay rides, etc. We did one that was a Zombie Hunt. You ride on a big military truck with trailer that is outfitted with benches and paintball guns mounted on the sides! As the truck rolls along, the zombies appear and start staggering towards the truck. So you shoot them with paintballs! Oh my gosh, it was so much fun! Even for this old lady... And to do it with all my kids and DIL and SIL was just a blast. Poor hubby stayed home with the doggie. He's not into Halloween at all.

Last night we all got pumpkins and had a carving party. We made some really fun pumpkins that will be part of the decorations outside for the trick or treaters tonight.

Today I'm toodling around Memphis and will give out candy tonight to the tricksters... My daughter always gets a huge turnout at her house, as she lives in a fairly busy neighborhood. Heading home first thing tomorrow. My hubby and dog have missed me.

Having so much fun!

JeanieG 10-31-2016 10:10 AM

SBG - sounds like you are really enjoying yourself! We all need these times with our family. My son took us to a lake near Phoenix when we were there a little over a week ago. We enjoyed watching them jet ski and enjoyed being by the water.

JuneBillie 10-31-2016 02:00 PM

SBG glad to hear you had a fun time. It does sound like a blast. How far do you live from Memphis?

oksewglad 10-31-2016 03:44 PM

Yes a decidedly good time from the sound of it, SBG..never can have too much fun.

Mum's the word on my quilt project, but I will try to show bits and pieces of it. This will be a big time commitment that once I get it organized (hopefully before the week is out), I can sew a few blocks in short segments of time.

I still can't post from my computer and if I take pictures with my camera (which I prefer over the Kindle) then after downloading to the computer I send an email attachment to the Kindle, download from the email, and upload from here...way to steppy for me...

I'm beat after work tonight..better rest up for tomorrow, then DIL is going to a dairy conference TWTh so need to play farmer and help with kids...busy time ahead..night all.

JuneBillie 10-31-2016 05:36 PM

Hi girls. My camera has been on the fritz or whatever you call it. Let's just say it's been used a lot. We didn't have any trick r treaters due to where we live. They go around in our little community, but we live past my dad's house and barn and up on the hill by the woods so actually most are afraid to come up here. hehe... The adults that have never been here always have a hard time finding us. I did sew 4 little treat bags, and filled with goodies for the 4 great nieces who live close to us. I gave them to the girls yesterday.

If my avatar pic looks somewhat different it's because it is. The other pic not paying attention not only had me with a one month experiment of very dark hair, which I usually have auburn brown, but my darn eyes were closed. I don't wear those dark glasses now either. So this pic is me now, but my hair has grown some since this pic.

Did all of you have lots of goblins?

I can remember like it was yesterday taking my son out when he was little. He really enjoyed it, and I enjoyed just as much taking him out. That little boy is now 44. He and my daughter in law don't have any children so they usually do a lot of things with her nieces and nephews. She has 3 sisters who all have kids.

A few years ago they did have one Halloween party in their home for adults and kids. We all had fun. Adults had to dress up too. Games and goodies, and one year before or after that I forget my son cut out a big maze in a field that had grown up, and had the adults go through it with torch looking lights. That was fun too. Her side of the family has grown so much with the kids that they go up to her folks house and all get together. :)

dublb 10-31-2016 05:46 PM

Ok, yesterday was just a day that nothing got done. We have addressed the bad nursing care we had yesterday w/the head of the floor & the charge nurse.
Today things are happening. We are gonna go from a PICC line to a Mid line. They want to make sure that that isn't where the fungal infection is coming from. She is getting another CAT scan. Tomarrow she will get an echocardiogram. All of these are looking for the source of infection. We got PT at today to.