Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

sewbizgirl 10-26-2016 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 7686057)
They are 2.5"

Wow! I may have to join Amazon Prime. That's a really good price on those.

Honchey 10-27-2016 06:04 AM

I signed up for prime to get the promo deal with Christmas toys last year and used it more than I thought I would. several quilting books, tens units, fabric, etc later would have cost me more if I didn't have it..

I Checked a few other sites and they sold for alot more + shipping..

QuiltingNinaSue 10-28-2016 07:33 AM

I have been comparing Jenny Doan and Teresa down under videos on how to make the Hunter's Star and a few others. Will post later, or you can do the comparison yourselves.

Have a good weekend! Looks like everyon has been busy on their sewing machines.

dublb 10-28-2016 04:56 PM

I have had a very crazy busy week. Every other day w/DM at Rehab. On Wed DH & I drove to Brady to vote. (If I had known that I was gonna be in Midland now I sure wouldn't have changed my address nor registered to vote in Brady.) While I was on my way to Brady my #2DSis called as she had discovered that Therapy was training DM to live in a wheelchair! She talked to 3 different admins & changes were made. I spent most of yesterday going w/DM to therapy. Ya'll wouldn't believe the difference real therapy made. She is learning to walk & to get up. Getting up is the hardest for her. They sure worked on that yessterday. DSis called me today said that DM she is so much better than even yesterday. She was even trying to help them get her dressed.I have to go tomarrow & am so looking forward to it. Anyway we are on our way to getting her life back.

JeanieG 10-28-2016 07:20 PM

Bev - so glad things are progressing with your mom! Great news!

JeanieG 10-29-2016 11:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a photo of what was in the two boxes that QNS sent to me. I have them all ruler folded and now have to see how they fit in my cabinet (1 yard or more), or dresser (under 1 yard). The bin on the right is all scraps that I need to cut with my Sizzix. I had these all folded before I left on my trip two weeks ago, just cleaning up my sewing room and need to put them away, so thought I would take a photo. Thanks, QNS!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 10-29-2016 11:38 AM

You are so welcome, JearieG. When you need more please let me know.

I have finished the Fall Colored Savannah, the Trellis and the Pinwheel and trying different blocks to see what I want to do next.Love the Hunter's Star from Teresa down under, and her Buzz Saw or Delectable Mountain patterns and they are on the vertical wall, as well as the Square with in a Square. Decisions, decisions to make. Maybe put a couple more different patterns up, then make the decision.

You all have a good day., and a perfect weekend. Fall is here, and winter coming soon, too soon.

JeanieG 10-29-2016 12:57 PM

QNS: Here is a link to Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Mountain Majesties Quilt. It is a free pattern on her website. Don't know if it is easier than the one you have or not!

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/...majesties.html

QuiltingNinaSue 10-29-2016 06:17 PM

Thanks, JeanieG. It is a different size, but methods are the same for each. Nice to have a choice. I do love Bonnie Hunter and follow her on face book. She is having fun in Houston at Marketing.

Dublb, I did get your new email and address down in the computer, so I will not lose it again. Good news about your DM, hope it continues to be good news.

I am still experimenting as to what I make next. Exciting to have a choice. Got the email from Tesesa down under and she did the Churn Dash on the latest email. Love it.

dublb 10-29-2016 09:39 PM

Well, I am spending another night at Midland Memorial Hospital. Sigh. DM got 2 pints of blood. They ran a ton of tests again. We do know that her kidney functions were good & so was her liver. Her Chest X-Ray was clear. She is still running a fever. She ate real well. I am now wondering if the nausea has had something to do w/the low blood count.