Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 11-03-2016 04:41 AM

Progress. Half way on S&W with neighbor. Another day to see how far we can gain on the quilt top.

Another day; another dollar was an old saying from childhood. God's in Heaven, all is right in the world. At wellness checkin, we discovered we had both lost some weight which is a good thing. Shows how little I cook or bake these days. LOL

Have a good blessed day. Smile.

givio 11-04-2016 01:05 PM

QNS, looking forward to a picture of the S&W!

sewbizgirl 11-04-2016 07:04 PM

Hi Pony Riders... how is everyone? I am still trying to process all the stuff I got last weekend. Fabric from Marshall's and a bunch of stuff from estate sales to sell online. I've been the Ebay queen lately. I want to sew!

Tomorrow is a new day and I don't have to go anywhere... hope to be able to sew to my heart's content. I have all of my boom blocks back from the swap now and I would love to start making the sashing strips and putting it together. Will show you when I have a top. It's going to be so pretty!

oksewglad 11-04-2016 09:32 PM

After clearing out the flower bed at the end of the lane this afternoon I treated myself to some sewing time...yes a few more blocks sewn and more cut out. I think there's 12 or so more blocks to cut out with multiples of most of them..each block measures 3x4 finished. I am really excited about putting this quilt together...bonus is that it is all from my scrap bins...I don't think I'm making a dent the scraps either....

Tomorrow I plan on sewing in the morning, and then back outdoors for more yard work..

QuiltingNinaSue 11-05-2016 06:33 AM

Ok, can we have a sneak peek at your project?

SBG, you need to give us a sneak peek at your shopping trip finds...would love to enjoy your 'finds'.

Givio, it will be a while before we can post pictures here of our S&W quilts. Neighbor lady Patty is making good progress. We almost had to run to Cantrill Dutchman's store for more background fabric, but we discovered a pale blue in my stash (which I was using in the blue rose quilt) that 'fit' the S&W just right. So no running down the road, instead we got to progress on the S&W. I can match or re-design the Blue Rose quilt later. With 19 out 39 'flowers' done and 60 degree triangles all cut (12 per flower) we are ready to sew together the main 'flower' and the background, then on to the two borders. So will post later, maybe as early as two or three weeks.

Have a wonderful day, every one! The day is the present, not tomorrow or yesterday, but a 'gift' to do as you choose. Be happy.

oksewglad 11-05-2016 09:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And that's why we have a stash, QNS....

QNS and SBG, you asked for it...[ATTACH=CONFIG]561624[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]561625[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 11-05-2016 10:04 AM

OK, it looks organized, but like no one move my piles! Looking forward to progressive photos as you progress.

Yes, I do still have a stash...and if the neighbor can use any of it, so be it. It can be replaced later if I still need something or some part of it. With three totes of blue we were unable to see the border blues we wanted so while in Chariton, Iowa getting dh eyes checked, we drove the couple of blocks to the Sampler and found our 'blues' there. I also visited her 'sale' room at 35 to 50% off and found some great pieces for my stash.

Now to return to my S&W and turn the one 60 degree triangle right side up. Ripppp'

sewbizgirl 11-05-2016 10:14 AM

Good Saturday! Nice scraps to choose from, OK...

I had a nice sleep in and now it's time to get to the many things I have to do today here at home. I'll try to get a pic snapped of the fabric I bought at Marshalls... or several pics. I'm ashamed to say I still have most of the estate sale stuff in the back of my Rav 4... including the sewing machine and cabinet! Getting it out little by little. I've been listing stuff on Ebay for days. Even started selling some.

sewbizgirl 11-05-2016 01:31 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Alright... you asked for it! Don't be hatin' me just because you didn't get to go to Marshall's....

Some Christmas...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]561639[/ATTACH]

Apron Fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]561640[/ATTACH]

Blenders and coordinates for Children's quilts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]561641[/ATTACH]

Blenders and solids for adult quilts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]561644[/ATTACH]

Much I Spy fabric (I need LOTS because I sell kits online)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]561646[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]561647[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]561648[/ATTACH]

Several yards of an Eric Carle panel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]561649[/ATTACH]

And then when I got back home, my quilting group leader gave me these!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]561650[/ATTACH]

My quilting cup runneth over!

sewbizgirl 11-05-2016 01:40 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Here are a few goodies I got from the estate sales we ran around to all last Saturday. Memphis has the best!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561651[/ATTACH]
This one stays at my house!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561652[/ATTACH]
Same for these...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561653[/ATTACH]
This is what's still in the back of the car... A primo Singer 301 and that's it's Queen Anne cabinet laying on it's back beside the machine...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561654[/ATTACH]
Anyone recognize this ballerina doll? She's mid-century but unmarked. All of her joints move, including ankles, and she plays music, ("Oh how we danced, on the night we were wed..."- whatever that song is). I love her. She needs a shampoo and restyle of hair. Do you think she might be a Vogue doll?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561655[/ATTACH]
She hasn't lost her pointe shoes in 66 years or so, and her feet can point!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561656[/ATTACH]
Loved these beautiful vintage flat-top hats.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561657[/ATTACH]
Iconic Hull dancing girl vase!

There you go... loads of pics!