Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

sewbizgirl 07-13-2017 12:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are 4 more blocks from the Pony Club. These are all the "A" blocks done now.

Apple Tree and Alabama
[ATTACH=CONFIG]576399[/ATTACH]

At the Depot and Arizona
[ATTACH=CONFIG]576400[/ATTACH]

dublb 07-13-2017 07:02 PM

I am in the middle of another sampler & am determined not to stop it like I did w/the PC. I am gonna finish this one, then start PC back up. Once those 2 are finished I will do my Talking Turkey. I am determined to get these 3 done by the end of 2018. It is such a joy to see yours though.

sewbizgirl 07-13-2017 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 7863530)
I am in the middle of another sampler & am determined not to stop it like I did w/the PC. I am gonna finish this one, then start PC back up. Once those 2 are finished I will do my Talking Turkey. I am determined to get these 3 done by the end of 2018. It is such a joy to see yours though.

Well, since I am just starting, maybe I'll still be at it when you pick it back up.

My problem with these sampler quilts is that I amass a "stash" of the right kind of fabrics to do them... then I have lots of sub-stashes. I have collected a 30's substash, a civil war substash, and now a horsey/cowboy/western substash! No matter how many quilts you make, THE STASH MULTIPLIES. :shock: :shock: :shock:

QuiltingNinaSue 07-14-2017 04:23 AM

Lovely blocks, SBG. Yes, the stash multiplies and so does the scraps. The totes I emptied are filling up with scraps. finished three quilts this year, and woring on finishing three more.

givio 07-14-2017 04:39 PM

SBG, I love what you did with the green one with the fussy cut fence. What a great idea!
I know what you mean with the sub-stashes. I guess some people call it a 'pull.' I just call it, a pile. Here's my pile of fabrics for this quilt, here's my pile for this one, etc. Problems happen when you start cross referencing and taking a little from this pile to use in this project, and some from here to use there, and so on. After some time passes, you don't know what is for what and where is whatever... and you just wish you'd finish something so you could put some piles away!
Bev, I thought the same. I'd like to get back to PC, but now I've got 2 other samplers started, so hoping to finish them as I feel motivated about them....
QNS, good for you! 3 done! That's an accomplishment! And a fine goal for 3 more for the second 6 months of the year.

oksewglad 07-15-2017 07:34 AM

I give up...this is the third time I've tried to post this morning...messages have poofed....oh well...condensed version..

givio---I have piles everywhere!!

QNS---way to go

SBG--love your blocks...remind me of others blocks from the original ride!

sewbizgirl 07-15-2017 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 7864317)
SBG--love your blocks...remind me of others blocks from the original ride!

Thanks. I took the blocks (6 now) to my quilt meeting this morning and the ladies loved them! Some wrote down the name of the book so they could get it.

Speaking of the 'original ride'... where is that thread? I tried to find it so I could look at other people's PC blocks but I couldn't find it. Could someone please post a link?

oksewglad 07-15-2017 11:45 AM

SBG go to Home, then Blocks of the Month Week. Find page 7 and you will see a few of the weekly blocks for the PC. The rest of them are further back...just a look for weekly posts. Honchey did a great job of properly labeling the threads.

sewbizgirl 07-15-2017 11:49 AM

Thank you, Gladie. :o

sewbizgirl 07-16-2017 08:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a few more Pony Club blocks:

Betty's Delight and Best of All
[ATTACH=CONFIG]576691[/ATTACH]

Best Friend and Broken Heart
[ATTACH=CONFIG]576692[/ATTACH]

I can sure tell a big difference in accuracy between these that I cut from templates, and my FW30's blocks that I paper pieced!