Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 07-20-2017 04:23 AM

Nice to see the PC quilt of yours again...JeanieG. I never get tired of seeing lovely quilts each of us got done. And nice ot know there are are more coming along....SBG.

sewbizgirl 07-20-2017 07:15 AM

I love those, Jeanie! Love how you bordered the quilt with horse prints... that was genius! It really makes the quilt. Hope mine turns out half as nice.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-25-2017 04:57 PM

Now the hearing Dr. says they have found a place that has discounted hearing aids. I told them there was days he could hear better, like today, so there is something medically wrong with his ears. They are trying to set up a second opinion now.

I ask dh to take me back to the Sampler today; good trip and I got one on one help in selected what I wanted from the back bargain room....$1.00, $2.00 a yard....50% off and 35% off the reminder of fabric. Came home with 12 different fabrics and the boards to wrap the fabric back on. Owner ever helped me out of the store with all my wonderful finds. Will show you when I get them all wrapped on the boards. I record all the facts for each...item number that was assigned at the store on the receipt...yardage...price, her catalog number, price per yard, and total cost on each board. The receipt is pasted into my notebook, with room on the back of the page for the final picture of the quilt. Modas, Hoffman and RJR fabrics.

Have pies to make tomorrow morning...peach and cherry. Expecting company on Thursday and another day for his cousins who play cards. My loaves of homemade bread turned out great. And I finished off the pan of Super Brownies, so will need to make more of them. Anyone have a favorite ice cream recipe? Forgotten how DGM made hers.

dublb 07-25-2017 05:50 PM

It sounds like ya had a very productive trip. Good news about you DH's visit to the hearing aid Dr & a wonderful FART! :)

I went to Houston this past weekend w/DD & we got the rest of her stuff. She told her DMIL to sell the rest & keep the $. (There wasn't that much left when we pulled away anyway.) Her DFIL was convinced that we weren't gonna get all she that wanted loaded up, but we did. The rental house, that they found, is still wall to wall boxes. They have been in it a week. Don't get me wrong they have made a ton of progress but we brought more boxes. LOL And it's a big house! 2700 sq ft!

oksewglad 07-25-2017 06:00 PM

It sounds like we've all been busy...I just got in from mowing lawn...decided to quit when the fireflies started showing up! Last night had an overnight guest...tomorrow night I have 5 and a dog (training for a therapy dog). Thursday the bikes come in and I work as well as Friday and Saturday. Not going to get much else done. I'm building small 9P units again and made a small courthouse steps using 3/4" strips similar to the one I made for my guild friend. Catch up to you all later...

sewbizgirl 07-25-2017 07:37 PM

QNS, I am so impressed with your detailed record keeping! I could never keep up with all that. I'm lucky if I can just find the fabric!

And Bev, how exciting to have your daughter and SIL move close by! That's going to make life all the sweeter. My kids are three hours away, and with the current condition of my sciatica, I just can't bear the drive. Hate it that I can't go.

My pony blocks have been 'on hold' while I work on blocks for the Boom Swaps... Boom 19. I've made about half the blocks so far. If you might like to see them, they are in an album here:
https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html

These are made with fabric from the other swappers and they are making blocks for me with my fabric.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-26-2017 08:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finished the tasks so if i choose to use one fabric and run out, I can ID what I need so as to order more fabric...I have run short too many times. And it helps to be able to say, "this quilt cost me..." I have numbered each fabric in the picture to ID each fabric...[ATTACH=CONFIG]577313[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]577314[/ATTACH]six in each picture,( from one to twelve fabrics.) I have a pattern for all green fabric that is simple to make, and I love blues. The dark blue has gold design in it and there is 9 1/2 yards of it for $2.00 a yard. Suitable for quilt blocks or backing. The whole bolt boards holds five or more yards with one exception of number 7 which is over five yards in it. The real sale is on Friday and Saturday when everything in the store is 30% off...but have not any plans to return this week.

JeanieG, are you traveling again or at home? Please send me a PM or email on the subject. Sounds like you are very busy, OK. Dublb, that sounds like a large house at 2700 sq ft...glad they are young enough to clean it and care for it.

JeanieG 07-26-2017 09:56 AM

Hi everyone! As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was not getting any notifications on this thread. I finally went to the QB site to see what happened. Once I posted, then I am now getting the notifications again. We did go on a camp out a few weeks ago, and will be going out again in August for a few days to a local lake.

It has been pretty warm here, so have not been doing any quilting on my quilt. We do not have AC, so it is miserable quilting with all that fabric when the weather is too warm. We live pretty near the coast (20 miles), so we usually don't need an AC, but the summer weather has been getting warmer the last few years. Several friends have added an AC to their homes.

I have been putting borders on a UFO, and stitching a webbed quilt top together since it is too warm to work on quilting my large Bonnie Hunter Quilt.

QNS - those fabrics are wonderful!!! I am also fond of blue!!

sewbizgirl 07-26-2017 10:56 AM

QNS, what a great buy! I love the leaves and sky fabrics....

QuiltingNinaSue 07-26-2017 12:00 PM

JeanieG, I love blue, too. I was looking for more blue and green. Number seven is an unusual color that it says 'fall' I can use the 'blends' in many different ways.

SBG, the green leaves are called 'meadow year around'.

I think you can see why I bought the whole bolt.of each fabric!