Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

Blue Bell 11-09-2017 03:32 AM

Pretty rug. Great job using up strips.

QuiltingNinaSue 11-09-2017 04:39 AM

Love your rug, Givio! Hoping to work in the QR today....maybe finish my first of the Bible Sampler blocks! Warned dh I am at least one week behind doing what I want to do...so don't expect too much from me this next week....or longer. LOL!

dublb 11-09-2017 06:07 AM

<abbr class="o-timestamp time recent_time" data-timestamp="1510235574000" title="Thu Nov 09 2017 07:52:54 GMT-0600 (CST)"></abbr>I went to Brownwood to sew w/a new DF yesterday. She has a wonderful Sewing studio. She lives on a ranch & I would never be able to find my way to her house w/o the GPS. Well it was rainy all day yesterday (Hooray!) & some of the roads to get to her house are dirt. Well I was driving along & was on a paved road. I passed a road the then the GPS told me I need to turn there. I guess the satellite thought I wasn't there yet. Anyway I stopped & backed up.....right into the bar ditch. Well my front tires were on the pavement but not the back wheels. I did try rocking the Sequoia back & forth 2 or 3 times but was just spinning my wheels (pun intended.) So I got out & looked at my situation. I saw that I was never gonna get out that way & that if I backed further into the ditch I could then turn & go out where it wasn't so steep, had more grass & less mud. Well it worked great! I went ahead, went to my DF's house & had a great time.
I worked on my Blue & Yellow QAYG UFO. It has 12 sampler 12" finished blocks. This has been a UFO for 4 or 5 years. I thought it would be great to get it done so I can give it to my DM for Christmas. I got all 4 rows sewn together & the back seams glued down ready to hand sew. I also got 2 rows sewn to each other but the back on that one isn't ready to be hand sewn.

givio 11-09-2017 07:55 AM

dublb! What an adventure you had! I suppose I would have called a tow truck.

QuiltingNinaSue 11-09-2017 09:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
First block in upper right of BS finished with hour glass block on each side....called the Evening Star, number 87.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583578[/ATTACH]

Dublb, that sounds like quite an adventure; so happy you had fun when you got there. Any chance of seeing your work in progress or is it a secret until after Christmas?

sewbizgirl 11-09-2017 10:24 AM

That is a beautiful block, QNS!

And Giv, I love the rug. Those are so great to have.

Bev, what an adventurous chick you are, getting yourself out of a rut! I'm sure it wasn't your first rodeo... LOL.

JeanieG 11-09-2017 11:13 AM

Wow QNS - that looks like a really hard block!! Great job, love it!

Bev - What an adventure for your first time to sew with a new friend!

oksewglad 11-09-2017 06:16 PM

That's right...Bev won't forget her first trip to the "ranch"! Ah gotta love those country roads!

What a nice start QNS...a jewel of a block in my book!

Working 4 days this week...so another day gone tomorrow...later.

givio 11-10-2017 02:49 PM

QNS, your block looks like a flower. Curved seams?? The other quilts didn't have any, did they?

QuiltingNinaSue 11-10-2017 04:38 PM

Yes, Givio. It wasn't that hard. Left the middle part, and did the two sides first then sewed it together and no Y seams. Gave some thought to hand stitching it, but did it all on the sewing machine. Doing the Tree of Life now, and singing Rock of Ages to myself... the tree trunk is boulders and rocks but looks like bark. Going though my stash for this look or that look. Main colors are the tan and chocolate with purple (shades) and green (shades) in the blocks. Having fun with it. Working on the Stack 'n Whack on vertical board, and putting the binding on two finished quilts in my mind. It will all be finished soon...the S&W and the binding on the two quilts.