Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 04-01-2017 12:34 PM

Great quilt, OK. I love how uou use up scraps. There are more coming your way in the future. It's on the list of things I have not done yet.

I have started on the Robert Kaufman fabric, with my pattern called Mosaic Magic. Got the pattern three or four years ago at American Quilt Show in Des Moines, Iowa, and kept it in my purse until now. It will be for DS at Christmas. I just want 1-4 blocks done to show Quilter 85 by the 12th of the month.

I have Lori Miller Rooster patterns like the Quilt Bug has for sale....they have five I don't have that I would love to get down the road from here sometime. Radical Rooster, etc., I have the perfect fabric for them and 2 different panel pieces of roosters to go with them to make a couple of king size quilts. The fabric I found on the 30th from the Three Sisters will be used for strips in the quilt. So its on the bucket list. So is the Barn Yard pattern (not the right name for it) of chickens I found in Estes Park, CO., back in the year of 2000 or 2004 when we were there that summer. Cute pattern that the governor back then displayed the quilt the owner had made in his statehouse.

Golden, Co. , displays various quilts in its museum that is always nice to see. Oh, the miles we have traveled in our younger years. From Iowa to Colorado, to New Mexico, to Texas and to Alaska and back. Memories are a wonderful way to re-visit what we have seen.

QuiltingNinaSue 04-01-2017 02:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Back again wih Mosaic Magic started with one quarter done and next quarter started with a four patch that shows the pattern emerging in the quilt. Enjoy.[ATTACH=CONFIG]570847[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]570848[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 04-01-2017 02:34 PM

Each quarter is 10 inches square.

dublb 04-01-2017 06:48 PM

OK, I love your scrappy quilt! OH & Sue your Mosaic blocks are sure gonna make a lovely quilt!
I am gonna try to take picts of what I got done at the class today. The color placement was reeeeaaaal hard. Teh sewing is easy. It will be a while till I have a design wall so I am just gonna sew the 8 rows that I have completed together & make it into a small table runner. I will make a big one latter. I'll try to take a pict & post it tomarrow for ya'll. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 04-07-2017 04:58 AM

Mosaic magic has changed a bit for the better I think. Might find time to work on it today or tomorrow. Rains have cleared and sun is shining today. Hope all is well with everyone. May it be a good one for you this weekend.

oksewglad 04-07-2017 05:23 AM

Looking forward to your blocks, dublb...
Love the color combo QNS:thumbup:
I've been working in the office, not much sewing done, but have gotten the center of crazy ponies quilted with a meander....Next will be some designs in the borders, but that's on hold...have company for lunch today...last night made a big pot of tomato soup to pair with toasted cheese sandwiches made with homemade bread then need to go to town for meds..Next back to the office...meanwhile my dishwasher sprung a leak...New one to be installed next week before Easter guests. The next week a new computer comes my way...Have Vista OS so must upgrade...such is life...spring is calling and outside chores need attention...I love spring.

dublb 04-07-2017 08:36 PM

OH NO! I haven't even taken the pict of the partial TX quilt. Partial as I haven't done a thing to it as of yet. DH & I have been getting 3 raised beds ready to plant veggies. Hopefully on Good Friday. We eshave also planted some more trees. There are some more geraniums around here also.
The flooring guy says that he will be coming here on Tues. DH & are doubtful that he will come even then. DD & her family are gonna be here for Easter & I don't know where they are gonna sleep. Alright, I do know where the kids are gonna sleep as there are 2 twin beds upstairs for them. But the King size bed is in storage waiting for the flooring to be laid.

Nana I am looking forward to seeing what ya are gonna do different on your Mosaic quilt. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 04-11-2017 05:26 AM

http://beautifulquiltfabric.net/inde...th=300_224_240 Patroitic fabrics, if you are looking for any, nice selection here. found it on face book this morning. Have a good day, sunshine here.

SBG, I hope all is well with you and JuneBillie. Terrible storm path in the South and I have been hoping you'all are doing fine.

sewbizgirl 04-11-2017 08:00 AM

Thank you, QNS. No storm here... and I hope we are not getting one! Our rivers are still flooded from drainage from last week's storm.

Nice patriotics... I love the red, white and blue license plates. But I never pay that much for fabric anymore.

Have a happy, quilty day!

dublb 04-11-2017 08:07 PM

Lovely patriotic fabrics Sue! I bookmarked 'em. I might just have to buy some a bit latter down the road.
I went to Midland on Sunday & came back tonight. DM is doing well. She gets better each day. If ya compare to where she was this time last year she is still week & has long way to go. But if ya compare her to where she was last Oct, well, it is miraculous how far she has come! I just hope she doesn't settle before she gets alot better. :) I also took my DGSons to the park individually. It is so good to have spent that time at the park w/'em! :)