Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

oksewglad 01-12-2018 06:20 AM

Good job, Bonnie...too bad I don't like orange...but the color balance is so nice.

sewbizgirl 01-12-2018 07:02 AM

I love orange... such a vibrant happy color!

QuiltingNinaSue 01-12-2018 08:12 AM

SBG, I think it looks warm and welcoming. Love the border you designed. If only I could make one that would turn out as well...but you know a well is a deep subject. And I am a temperamental artist at sewing, I sew what I want I want to sew that appeals to me at the moment. Of course, I get carried away on a fabric sale....I may or may not get around to sewing all of it into a quilt. That is being honest with myself.

QuiltingNinaSue 01-12-2018 09:06 AM

4 Attachment(s)
My loot [ATTACH=CONFIG]586938[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]586939[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]586940[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]586941[/ATTACH]The pink fabric is for a friend in Southern Missouri who also totaled her car recently. She needs a bright spot in her near future. She loves pink and rose colors. The Baltimore 'copy' is the only way I can have one, LOL! And of course, one piece tent front in two identical panels for DGS. The aqua and orange and brown go in a storage tote for the Bonnie Hunter Ringo Lake...someday. I had fun with Quilter 65 in the Sampler in Chariton, Iowa, with her 60% off. I felt like the IKEA add, "Start the car, start the car, start the car....let's GO" What a legal steal for this stash addition! Wow! I even have the pink backing!

JuneBillie 01-12-2018 10:50 AM

Bonnie your quilt is so pretty, and I like the orange and blue,

OK, I hope your feeling better.

Jeanie, it sounds like you are making progress on your quilt.

Givio, the baby quilt sound like a fun project.

Bev, it is so nice to hear of all the improvement.

QNS, wow you sure did get some great fabrics. I love all those pinks too. My mother's favorite color was pink, and I love it too. I always have a hard time when ask my favorite color though, because I really love lots of colors.

We have some more winter weather coming our way today, but at the moment it is 60 degrees.
Hopefully I can get some sewing in. I also have to do some laundry, and just finished going over the new year bills.

Have a good day everyone.

sewbizgirl 01-12-2018 12:32 PM

QNS, I love your stash enhancement photos... thanks for sharing! Looks like you found some gorgeous tonals to create with.

Susan, I think your cold weather has already come through here. It was relatively warm here yesterday, (60's) and then cold last night and today. We had some snow flurries this morning. I haven't driven in snow in decades! I think we are one day ahead of you, down here. The cold is supposed to stay with us for about a week.

Hope everybody is keeping warm.

JeanieG 01-12-2018 12:42 PM

Love those pinks QNS! That is going to be one gorgeous quilt. What pattern are you think of doing with that quilt? That is one of the hardest decisions, I think!

QuiltingNinaSue 01-12-2018 02:16 PM

JeanieG, I am leaning toward Warm Feelings so I can whip it up quick...its just for a single long bed.

Thank you everyone for the kind words about my stash additions.

oksewglad 01-12-2018 03:41 PM

Well no doubt about it you can really see pretty colors, QNS! I think the Baltimore cheater is a very nice one from the looks of it...good buys!

dublb 01-12-2018 06:22 PM

OH Sue, your FART looks like it was soooo rewarding! I love your haul!