Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

oksewglad 09-18-2016 10:14 AM

I've been gone 3 days...Have missed so much chatter...MrOK and I had a good time with extended family..now to get back to farm and home...QNS packages arrived just before we left and had to take a quick peek...2 of the girls were here this noon and have laid claim to fabrics in their box...and the butterfly applique are the same pattern my mother had in a quilt 60 years ago.

QuiltingNinaSue 09-18-2016 11:05 AM

Ok, that's my old age showing up there! I remember that DGM had blocks like that, but I cannot see well enough to do the work anymore. Hope you enjoyed every minute of your 'three day holiday' from the normal routines

I passed the half way row on Savannah top...just maybe I will finish a project. Yah! Maybe. Dh is quick to point out what I haven't got done yet in the house.. Sigh. quilting is more fun than housework. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

sewbizgirl 09-18-2016 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my shirt quilt top on the bed. I still have the borders to piece and add on... still working on it! Then the quilting can happen.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558499[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 09-18-2016 06:06 PM

SBG - Love, love love that quilt! Great job!

Honchey 09-18-2016 06:11 PM

What do you think Ladies?? We have another Energizer Bunny with us :D

SBG, love the quilt!

oksewglad 09-18-2016 07:30 PM

Yes Anne..I was thinking the same thing...makes me tired just thinking what Bonnie has accomplished this week...me? I'm sitting with the TENS unit hoping to get my knee in shape for work tomorrow...walked on cement all day yesterday....rode in the car 3 1/2 hours Friday and today...then helped milk tonight for a short time...think I will do some more scrap sorting now...started late this afternoon...night all

sewbizgirl 09-18-2016 09:51 PM

Lol, y'all... I do feel like the energizer bunny after that quilt. Now that I have the borders to do I am really sick of it all!

My right elbow is so inflamed I can't even bend it enough to scratch my own face... nor get close to straightening it, either. Honestly, it wasn't from quilting, but from over-use at the gym. My joints are telling me I'm 60 years old now and need to act my age. It's so painful I'm wondering if I could have a stress fracture. Been on Ibuprophen since Friday but if it doesn't start to improve I may have to go see a doc. So Gladie, we have more in common than just quilting. :D

QuiltingNinaSue 09-19-2016 06:42 AM

Love the top SBG.

Prayers for those who are hurting; it is not easy growing older with aches and pains. DGM said to grow old Graciously and I wondered who 'Grace' ??? now that I have gotten older. And slower. High speed seems to be slow, and slow speed slower.... as long as I can move I am thankful.

Finally checked out my DH kilts and the fasteners are all fixed so he will have to find something else to talk about now.

Have a good day.

sewbizgirl 09-19-2016 08:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lol, Nina Sue... hubby in kilts. He must go to Scottish heritage festivals or something... or is he a bagpiper? I think it's great to see men in kilts. At our yearly Celticfest in Jackson MS you always see men in kilts.

Well I've been on my walk with the dog and we did our 'rounds' at the wild persimmon trees. The fruit has nearly all fallen now so the pickin's are getting slim. My silly doggie loves wild persimmons as much as I do and I have to beat him to the ones on the ground or he will eat them all!

This guy...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]558529[/ATTACH]
"Who me?"

Not sure what quilting I can manage today with my elbow like it is... Quilting left handed? :D

QuiltingNinaSue 09-19-2016 09:18 AM

Yep, that is an intelligent looking dog. They know what is good stuff. Neighbors in Rockport, Ill., taught our dog to eat fresh veggies and strawberries. He got quicker than us to pick off the best stuff. Only dog I ever saw that could climb stairs backward...moving his rear up a step at a time. LOL. . . funny even thinking about it now.

Kids were right handed, but could use their left as well; son even used his toes to lift things off the floor...must be because their were all born in an odd year to this odd couple. They were all better looking than us and smarter, too.

Dh always wears kilts since retirement; they got too expensive on the internet, so he learned how to make them and sew them himself. He is a bit too heavy to look good in them, but he finds them very comfortable to wear. He always collected a group of women around him in stores down in Texas...they all wanted to talk to him...often wondered if I could get a fan club started for him. He is asking to try bib overalls this winter. Might be the women are all getting to him at the age of seventy four. HaHa.