Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

givio 09-29-2016 02:39 PM

Wow! QNS, some beauties in your yard!
I love that border on your quilt top. You've out done yourself on this one!

oksewglad 09-29-2016 05:58 PM

Really like the cornerstones and sashing...frames the blocks so well. Nice to see flowering beauties before the first frost...

sewbizgirl 09-29-2016 06:03 PM

QNS, thank you for sharing all that beauty! The quilt top turned out STUNNING. I love it. Your flowers are all beautiful too. I especially love irises and have never seen a better yellow one! And your ducks are so cute too. Your pics gave me lots of smiles. Thank you!

The only flowers I have blooming right now are what's left of my geraniums. They are getting pretty shriveled and the leaves keep coming back smaller and smaller when they fall off. But they continue to bloom. They give and give and give.

Today was our first COOL, Fall-like day! The humidity vanished too. I just wanted to stay outside all day.

JeanieG 09-29-2016 07:24 PM

That quilt turned out great QNS! You did a great job. Love the flowers and baby ducks too. You always cheer me up with your posts!

Honchey 09-30-2016 08:38 AM

QNS, Thanks for brightening up my day..the quilt is so bright & cheerful fall colors...Love the flowers & ducks..

I haven't been doing too much..walked into an ottoman with bunn feet and broke 2 toes..Hurts like hell when I walk.. It was dark and I thought I was going in the right direction... I wanted to get a pedicure but that's not possible right now..the black & blue toes won't match the nail polish. :D
That's not too bad..I was reaching to get my eyeglasses off and I gouged my nose with my thumb fingernail..I've been walking around with a very noticeable scab on my nose..What else could happen to me..I'm afraid to go in the sewing room I might break my neck or some other bony part of my body..
It has rained almost every day..I'm almost wishing it's the middle of October and we're heading back up north..but then there's another hurricane in the works and we'll be greeted with more rain..
Sewbiz, I'm going to try to get my DH to think about a day trip to Georgetown before we leave. I'm going to call them first to see what the procedure is
Aghhh, enough complaining...Hope all of you are well and enjoying yourselves..Have a good day.. H.

JeanieG 09-30-2016 09:32 AM

Gosh Anne, wish we could get just a little of that rain your experiencing. We are soooo dry out here on the West Coast! Where we are located, even though the LA area (which is about 50 miles South of us) often gets some rain, it misses us. So awful!!!

oksewglad 09-30-2016 10:41 AM

Feeling like fall today...cooler with some wind...not too cool to have windows open though.

Oh dear, Honchey. I too had problems with my right foot yesterday...found some lead in it...or should I say a Smokie found some lead...$114 later...the thing is I was driving very responsibly all day...was coming down a long hill and there the patrol car was as I wasn't paying attention to my speed...QBuddy and I were gabbing away...other than that twas a great day...found some wide flannel backing to put on a quilt, borders for QOV quilt I'm sewing, a beautiful piece of gold tinged fabric at the end of the bolt and some blue to match it, a pretty blue with some tiny berries in it perfect to use with my minis, and a 4plus yard piece for $5 a yard...should be done buying for a while.

Honchey 09-30-2016 10:47 AM

I'm so very lucky as far as Smokies go..My DH is a retired NJSP and the decal on the car has gotten me out of many a "lead " problem... Many of which I have never told him about..Won a trophy in a "Powder Puff" stock care race with my then current boy friend in my much younger days..It was alot of fun.. Loooong time ago..:D

sewbizgirl 09-30-2016 03:08 PM

Honchey sorry about the broken toes! That's hurt is incredible. I broke just one a couple of years ago when a chair fell on it-- the back of a metal framed chair that had tipped over. I was trying to catch the cat and didn't move my foot out of the way in time. I thought I would DIE from the pain! Even now, years later, I get twinges of it. Hope you heal up fast and with no complications.

OK sorry about the ticket! I hate getting them and better knock on wood because I haven't had one in a while. They are always such a waste... but I hate poking along slow too. I want to get where I'm going.

I delivered all my stuff for the craft fair today. Just have to show up early and set it all up tomorrow, but at least I won't have to carry it all in. It's at my space now. Wish me luck! I have a lot of stuff to sell.

Everyone have a nice evening...

givio 09-30-2016 05:09 PM

Honchey, well, you might have thought you were complaining, but... well... it was sort of funny to read that you hurt yourself taking off your glasses. :-) That's a new one!
Hasn't everyone stubbed their toe, and knows how that feels, and worse to break it! Ouch! The thing with feet, I agree with SBG, those foot injuries come back to haunt you. I have two toes that won't give it up, years later.
I'm happy to have my blocks back from the Hunter's Star swap and hoping to get further on that this weekend. Did you girls see the pictures I posted on the Sept swap?