Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Honchey 09-23-2014 06:35 AM

Hmmmm, I'm going to stop in the LQS for more scraps. I'll chat with the girls there about round robin quilts..do you think there might be a magazine that features them?

Carriem, check out this type of top with the gals in your shop..

QNS, I think your idea is good..this way every person participating will end up doing every segment of the top and will end up with a top!!!

We still need suggestions from more of us..don't want to leave anyone out....

Honchey 09-23-2014 07:59 AM

Woooo Hooooo!!! we hit 10,000 and Nina you did it!!!!

I just googled the RR quilts and it is mind boggling..I like the idea of the add a row..but that's just me...There are soo many ideas out there..

carriem 09-23-2014 10:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I like the RR where you send a bit of your main fabric along so that it can be used throughout the quilt...tying it together. Depending on how many are interested, 5-6 rounds would probably be plenty.

Here is a RR type quilt I made this year. There was a thread on the QB were a couple ladies posted ideas for each border every month...then we all actually just made our own quilts....then you didn't have the cost of shipping involved.http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...g-t236801.html

oksewglad 09-23-2014 12:34 PM

Following with interest...just not in a "thinking" mode until end of the week...

janRN 09-23-2014 01:36 PM

Carrie, that's so beautiful. I love all the colors you used. So pretty! I also like the ideas thrown out so far but laughing at OK not doing any thinking til the end of the week LOL.

I really think I like the idea of making our own quilt but working on the same border designs. We'd need time lines and posting dates to keep us on track but wouldn't have the "pressure" of making something for someone else (I'm too insecure to do this especially with borders because mine always wave at me).

Honchey 09-23-2014 03:49 PM

I like all the ideas so far...we have to see how many we can gather to do this...

oksewglad 09-23-2014 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 6901202)
Carrie, that's so beautiful. I love all the colors you used. So pretty! I also like the ideas thrown out so far but laughing at OK not doing any thinking til the end of the week LOL.

I really think I like the idea of making our own quilt but working on the same border designs. We'd need time lines and posting dates to keep us on track but wouldn't have the "pressure" of making something for someone else (I'm too insecure to do this especially with borders because mine always wave at me).

Not thinking, not thinking....borders, Jan? At least they are friendly:wave:

Found out sis isn't going to be here til Thursday..I have a clean house and I'm going to enjoy it by sewing!!!!!! Maybe get a little gift for her to take back to SE PA.

carriem 09-23-2014 05:55 PM

I am with Jan that I think I would be more comfortable making my own quilt...plus that way when life happens and someone (me!) can't get to the sewing room, we aren't holding up anyone else's quilt. Maybe we can take turns each month choosing the border? There are some on the quilters cache website and I have a couple books I can recommend.

Honchey--we have talked some about RRs at the shop where I work. I know the guild has done them a couple times and they make their own center, then at each monthly meeting they pass on the quilt as it's growing. Each group has different requirements (what size each border needs to be? border 1--4", border 2--6", etc, etc; send 1yd of fabric on; and so on). I think usually it is a month per border...but we could do 6 weeks or whatever we want.

Honchey 09-24-2014 08:04 AM

We'll wait to see who wants to participate..I think I would like to make a wall hanging for my NC Home...I don't have much on them...maybe working with mini sized pieces...Size should be left up to the individual as well...

janRN 09-24-2014 08:38 AM

I went thru my quilting books and only found one that's all about borders: Carol Doak's Creative Combinations. It's all paper piecing; I used one of the patterns for the border for my SYE (which I didn't use after all, the blocks are in The Box). I'll keep looking, think I have some more books on borders.

Anne, you and OK have me hooked on small projects. I just finished the 36 minis that QOTS has posted so far. LOL they don't take up a lot of room in The Box!