Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 09-25-2014 09:11 PM

Another sigh. I have a new phone & am havin' a hard time gittin' my picts from it ta load here. It's an I-phone 5c & takes marvelous picts. It takes forever ta load 'em onta the lap top then resize 'em. I tried ta download 'em directly from my phone ta here. The Board looks totally different & I couldn't find any box w/a tree ta click on. I really couldn't find any o' the function buttons that are above the reply box. I was gonna show ya;ll the wallhangin that I made for DH. Well the top is made. :) I bought the fabric on Mon & am ready ta sandwich it. Very easy but it has a different look. I sure didn't expect him ta ask for such a big one. It is 3' X 3'. It'll hang on the wall by our bed.

janRN 09-26-2014 04:27 AM

Bev, I have a new IPhone 5s and I can't get pics to download here either. I have to send them to the laptop and go from there. I've seen other posts where people can't do it and I've seen posts where they have. What's the secret? If you figure out how to do it please post here and let me know. You're so right about the clarity of the pics--they're better than the ones from MrJanRn's camera.

dublb 09-26-2014 04:19 PM

I guess that we'll both be in the dark tagether. LOL I got my wallhangin sandwiched. I have the embroidery design I want ta use ta quilt it downloaded. It was different than the other files that I have bought & gave me a bit o' trouble. I will try a sample either th'sevenin' or tamarrow. If it works I'll start quiltin' it tamarrow. I'll still mostly quilt things myself but a few things that aren't important & I'll want ta do fast then I'll use my embroidery machine.

Honchey 09-26-2014 07:36 PM

Bev, how do you quilt with the embroidery? in sections? or individual blocks? I've never done that with mine...

dublb 09-26-2014 07:48 PM

This project is my experiment. :) I plan on placin' each o' these designs on each square. I sure hope it does work out. I'm thinkin' o' placin' the embroidery machine in the middle o' a table so as ta support the weight o' the wallhangin'. I'll let ya know how it comes out.

Honchey 09-27-2014 08:34 AM

Try rolling the sides up as far as you can...that might help...I think there would be less drag..

janRN 09-28-2014 04:30 AM

Good morning--a beautiful Sunday here. Hope all of you have the type of weather we're having: lows in the 50's, highs in the 70's and wall to wall sunshine. Doesn't get any better than this.

Another thought on our group project. I don't want to make a large quilt, have no need for anymore, so like Anne I'm planning a wallhanging size. I've been downloading a lot of the 4" finished paperpieced blocks from Block of the Day. I was thinking about making a center section out of some of those then adding borders that would be suggested by the group. I'm not a fan of baskets but these ones are cute and maybe would make a nice center section. Do you think something like this could work?

That's today's idea; I'm sure I'll think of something else I want to do tomorrow. Please enjoy your day and do something you love!

Honchey 09-28-2014 06:12 AM

Jan, Please post a photo of the blocks you want to use.. I have downloaded the mini's from QOTS and I'm wondering who else has done that??? the last newsletter from them said they said you can download all of the months so you can catch up if you missed any...

Honchey 09-28-2014 07:16 AM

OOPs!!! QOTS said that they MIght soon do that..don't know when...

QuiltingNinaSue 09-28-2014 07:47 AM

Quilting on the Square did print all six patterns again on next to the last newsletter. I have saved them all if anyone wants a mini patterns; six down and six to go with them. No, I have not done anything but work on my I SPY that has to be finished at Christmas time and one for our son.

It is nice to see some action on our PC board and to hear from our members, even if they just say "HI" :wave::wave::wave::wave:

Nice weather here; my birthday yesterday was wonderful. Best friends were down, and I got to cook and wash dishes and watch them enjoy the meals. They left early today, so I sent a 'picnic' lunch home with them. Roasted pork yesterday with green beans and corn on the cob with Carmel Cake for dessert. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and gravy, fresh sliced tomatoes last night with more cake for dessert. Breakfast was waffles, microwave eggs and pork links. Picnic lunch was more chicken legs, fried, with leftover potates, etc.,