Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Honchey 01-23-2015 11:07 AM

Got an email from Quilt in a day and got a free pattern/free shipping..YAY :)

Had a good day yesterday..worked on scraps, starched, pressed & cut all that I brought in...just one sale...very slow day..I enjoyed myself walking around the store looking at all the new stuff and talked to some customers..

DH had MRI and CT scan this morning and we hope it went well..this was to set up the final 5 procedures hopefully staring the end of next week...
We're filling up the wood box so we can be comfy over the weekend.. snow & lots of rain expected..I want to do some serious sewing.:)
Sun is shining right now and have errands planned for the rest of the afternoon so I better be on my way...H.

dublb 01-23-2015 11:18 AM

It sounds like a real nice day at work for ya Honchey. :) We had snow yesterday but it is meltin' taday.

My prayers are goin' out for Sue taday. Isn't it another day for her ta see about gittin' the last cancer cells taken off?

QuiltingNinaSue 01-23-2015 01:46 PM

Yes, Dublb, I am now cancer free. Five stitches on right side of my nose. Younger nurse this time, did not get the gauze quite right and its draining back into the corner of my eye some. Good until six months when they check it again. Tired. It will be an early night tonight.

Will see regular doctor on Monday; have lost enough weight that my BP pills are too strong, need to be adjusted down in strength. Without medicine it was 126 today. Had to leave so early this morning that it was still dark...seen three deer in MO., and 3 more just inside my hometown that crossed in front of us. Thank goodness dh sight is better than mine and he missed them all.

Anne, sounds like a great deal from Quilt in a day and at work. Do stay warm and cozy with bad weather outside.

janRN 01-23-2015 02:30 PM

Great news, QNS!!! Prayers answered.

JeanieG 01-23-2015 04:11 PM

Yes, QNS, I know just how you feel, except my Dr. had me coming back in 3 month intervals for a whole year after my Melanoma and Basil Cell surgeries. I'm on 6 months now as well. I go back next month for another screening. So glad this episode is over for you!

dublb 01-23-2015 04:54 PM

Cancer free is wonderful! I am so happy & gonna break out in ta my happy dance!

Honchey 01-23-2015 07:38 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Good News Nina, so happy for you;;

This is what I did at work yesterday..

oksewglad 01-23-2015 09:00 PM

Oh we are all doing the "happy dance" QNS! And the BP down, too. When I reduced meds about 2 years ago I really started feeling better overall. Also need to loose a few more# and then I could reduce even more...a good goal to go with stash reduction.

Like the scraps, Honchey. Better go and cut mine...

Hi Jeanie. Hope you're enjoying the sun shine.

Honchey 01-24-2015 06:02 AM

the snow has fallen and we have about 2"..the freezing rain/sleet is to follow so I'm glad I went to the store last nite for bread to make grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch today...making sausage & peppers for dinner tonite.
I'm going to play with my squares today and probably sew some today..
UGH! DH just told me more snow to come thru on Monday.. Jan is your area included? I'm getting tired of all this dreary cold weather..I want the sunshine!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 01-24-2015 06:26 AM

With those lovely scraps, Honchey, you can make some sunshine inside your sewing room! Call up your pilot and fly to Hawaii for the week...of sunshine and sand. Surf one whole day and sent us pictures. If our virtual jet was real, we could all meet you there! LOL!

Feel like both eyes are at half mast today, no action for me in the sewing room for several more days. In time, I will get in there to do serious damage to the stash and UFOs. Plan only one day in June at the Iowa Shop Hop. Don't need any more fabric, need to finish the UFOs....mmmm, I do have yellows to make bright sunshine in there.

Stay warm all, and JeanieG enjoy that sunshine for us too! Have some fun, everyone.:thumbup: