Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-08-2013 10:25 AM

Oh, QuiltE, it would be nice to have a 'staples' handy to copy things, but in the middle of nowhere, that is somewhere far from the convenience of the cities, we make do and do what we can. I have never loved paper piecing, but dh has so hope I can get him involved with it....he has to 'change' everything and put his stamp on it, which is not always a good thing. And ends up costing us more $$$$$. He has acquired the way to really push my buttons of panic!! Life is never boring here. Never is it with dd right now, since her dh is away on a business trip, she is Mom and Dad to their five year old boy. He took a kite string from the kitchen back door up stairs and back again while she had company for an hour this morning. Yep, just like his dgf.

carriem 08-08-2013 02:49 PM

QE--your SYE block looks good. Are you sticking with blues/golds or will you be bringing in other colors in other blocks.

Bev--sounds like you are making good progress a little at a time.

Jeanie--YAY for new cupboards. :)

OK--another great mini quilt!

Anael--hope that KK is okay.

QNS--sorry your DH and DGS are a little bit of trouble these days.

I got my Aug MB about half done today. Also got several flying geese trimmed. Took a nap instead of cutting fabrics for PC#2. :) I should have time to sew this weekend.

grannyQ 08-08-2013 05:28 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Ok, thank you for the pretty block, it really goes well with the others
[ATTACH=CONFIG]429157[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]429158[/ATTACH]
This is what I have been working on this last week,
[ATTACH=CONFIG]429159[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]429160[/ATTACH]
The first is the front side of sweatshirt, and the last is the back, every time we have to go to the hospital I am cold all the time, so I'm doing this to wear when we go.

grannyQ 08-08-2013 05:30 PM

I thought i cancelled the last two picts, they are last months.

oksewglad 08-08-2013 05:54 PM

Oh yeah GrannyQ you finally got it. I thought I had mailed it when I went to town one day and then found out I hadn't--I'm sewglad it has arrived and that it blends with the others:)

Love the embroidery work--might as well look pretty and stay warm. I see you used lavenders/purples--just like a pretty quilt we've seen.

carriem 08-08-2013 06:01 PM

GrannyQ--a couple more great MBs...I am glad last month's picture was posted as some how I missed it last time. Praying you are getting some rest taking care of your family.

JeanieG 08-08-2013 06:04 PM

Oh Granny and OK - what a wonderful block! Granny you will have a spectacular quilt - just love those red, white and black! Great embroidery too!

mirabelle 08-09-2013 02:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow what a great group of blocks, like JeanieG love the black red and white combo, that is going to be on stunning quilt Grannyq.

Here is what I have been working on today. I had the embroideries finished for a while so spent the day putting it all together. I have enough fabric left to make a pillowslip to match. This will definitely be for someone special.
I tried to take a pic of the blocks but the flash bounces back at me. The border fabric matches the embroidery blocks.
Anael how about a visit, I will teach you FMQ and you can teach me how to use my camera:D

carriem 08-09-2013 03:52 AM

Karen--that is a very soft, pretty quilt. I like the setting.

janRN 08-09-2013 04:33 AM

Nice to hear from you GrannyQ. OK did a beautiful job on your MB--it fits in so well with the other blocks. Your quilt is going to be stunning. I love the embroidery on your sweatshirt; it will keep you warm and "stylin'" like the kids say.

Mirab, another soft, romantic beauty. Sigh--so pretty.