Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

JeanieG 08-07-2013 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the flimsy of my PC #2 quilt. I am pleased with the new borders.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-07-2013 06:33 PM

Perfect, Jeanie. You nailed the colors just right.

carriem 08-07-2013 06:41 PM

Mirabelle--great quilting! Cute little purse. :)

Jeanie--I really like the borders on your 2nd PC quilt!! Good choice.

Each day this week I have been feeling better. The really bad migraines are just very draining so take a few days to recover. By this afternoon at work I was starting to drag a bit, but no headache so I was able to make it through. :) There was a sales rep there this morning and I got to help pick out some fabrics in between helping customers.

Tomorrow I will be home all day. School in the morning and then heading to the clubhouse. Lord willing I'll get the binding on the baby quilt and be able to get fabrics cut for PC#2. Then I'll work on sewing more on MIL's quilt.

I work again Friday...there is an area shop hop going on so we will have 3 people working instead of the normal 2.

QuiltE 08-07-2013 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A while back, I had asked if anyone had tested the SYE patterns.
CarrieM took up the challenge, and proved #1.
I finally got around to checking another ... here's #4, Diamonds All Around.
All is nice and flat ... too bad the operator didn't get the contrasts quite right.
The background is not the cream of the pic, but the same yellow as I used for the churn dash runner last year.
You'll notice that I haven't stitched out the full length of the triangles ...... can you guess what my plan is?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428937[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 08-07-2013 07:30 PM

MiraB ... beautiful quilting on Marjen! You do such a nice job of enhancing, and not taking away from the quilt itself. You're going to win the ♥ of a little 4yo with such a cute little bag for her.

JeanieG ... Yessssssssss!! pleased you should be ... it looks wonderful. Look forward to seeing it all quilted up. I think tmro/Thursday is THE day your cupboards are to be shipped! Yippeeeee!!!!

oksewglad 08-07-2013 07:33 PM

Hey you guys mirabelle's Blue/brown BH quilt is Quilt of the Day on QB's FB page. Fantastic!! Congratualtions! That's all for now--didn't even take time to read all what's gone on today. Night

dublb 08-07-2013 07:56 PM

I had a busy day taday. Went ta the old house & boxed up the canned goods that didn't git boxed up before while my DSis cleaned out from under the kitchen sink. There was alotta stuff there that needed ta be trashed. The plumbers finally came ta the new house after lunch & installed my new dishwasher. The plumbin' under there was crazy!!! DSis & I hung shower curtains & washed some linens. We sorted through the linens so that it'll be easy ta sort & wash before I put 'em up. We also loaded the new dishwasher w/dishes & some cannin' jars. I'm gonna add jars ta every load till I git 'em all clean & put up. :) Everything will be clean & not have that "old" smell. :) I wish we would have been able ta do more stuff while the plumbers were here but they were just in the way. LOL
DSis & I decided ta sleep late tamarrow. We are bushed!!! I guess we needed ta rest a bit while the plumbers were here.
PS my new dishwasher is beautiful. :)

QuiltE 08-07-2013 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6221609)
Hey you guys mirabelle's Blue/brown BH quilt is Quilt of the Day on QB's FB page. Fantastic!! Congratualtions! That's all for now--didn't even take time to read all what's gone on today. Night

And I didn't even know that QB was on FB ... though why would I, being that I don't do FB! :D

DublB ... Lucky you to have a DS to help you with all the work of the move!

dublb 08-07-2013 08:04 PM

Hey Ya'll look at this!
<http://www.youtube.com/embed/_yCnQuI...layer_embedded>

dublb 08-07-2013 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6221648)
And I didn't even know that QB was on FB ... though why would I, being that I don't do FB! :D

DublB ... Lucky you to have a DS to help you with all the work of the move!

She's been great this time. Sometimes she is hard ta git along with, but for the first time in a long while, she is happy for me & not jealous. She hasn't been orderin' me around either & that makes me happy.