Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 10-01-2013 10:41 AM

From the age of 50 we have mammograms every 2 years. I skipped once but then I learned a lady I know was diagnosed with breast cancer after having had her 2 year's check up. So I never skipped again!

Glad to hear you're improving GrannyQ.

QuiltingNinaSue 10-01-2013 10:50 AM

Lovely block, GrannyQ from DD. It does fit right in.

Almost finished the SYE block 2, but dh was hungry and I had been 'soaking' the chicken pieces in buttermilk, so I rinsed them off and rolled the pieces in flour and put them into a hot corn oil & pan. Fried it up, baked a big potato in the microwave and made gravy. He was very happy with his lunch. Now I have to make an egg run...taking 14 dozen off to our customers. At a dollar a dozen, it hardly pays for the gas, so we will be canning more chickens soon.

janRN 10-01-2013 01:43 PM

I love that block from DD, GrannyQ--it really looks so nice with your other blocks. Glad to hear from you and that you're doing well. I'll echo your statement: get your mammogram, my friends. My birthday is in October so that is my bd present to myself.

gardnergal970 10-01-2013 02:27 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I finally got the pictures of my finishes last week. The first one is called Elephants on Parade and is for my DGG? who is due next month.[ATTACH=CONFIG]439194[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]439196[/ATTACH] Then this is my Jamestown finish.[ATTACH=CONFIG]439197[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]439197[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]439198[/ATTACH] Kansas Troubles are the main fabrics with a variety of neutrals for the Log Cabin blocks. No fancy quilting which would have really dressed it up but I did do the entire quilt myself...QAYG by block.

carriem 10-01-2013 02:28 PM

DD--great block for GrannyQ :)

How old is one when they usually get their first mammogram?? I was thinking 40 something. I have a few years yet...I think.

carriem 10-01-2013 02:29 PM

Ggal--wow great finishes...I especially like the Jamestown.

mirabelle 10-01-2013 03:19 PM

Anael I agree with Honchey, that fabric is too dark, maybe a teal or purple would be better, sorry

GrannyQ another beautiful block to add to your design wall, they look great together.

Love Love love the elephant quilt, so cute, are they appliqued?

Just waiting for DH to leave for work and then I am heading to the cave for some serious sewing time:D

QuiltingNinaSue 10-01-2013 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
GardenGal, love your elephants, three by three and the log cabin design...very colorful and productive of you. Also for your A4accurancy that you posted on face book...beautiful. Well done.

Ansel, I had no opinion on your fabric, love the idea of bright colors that you are going for in your project, consider the good advice of other PCs and go for it.

GrannyQ, I am so glad your news has been good. May it continue into next year.

JanRN, Happy Birthday. Any other October birthdays? Youngest child of ours bd is on the 5th of October; I would tell how old he is, but it makes me feel oooooold. Back in 1975 we were racing down Route 66 at a fast pace, with dh saying "Where is the Highway Patrol when you need them?" He did not want to deliver his son and made in time for the hospital to do their job. 10 pounds, 14 ounces, and 23 inches long....and he is over 6 foot 4 inches today, like all his male cousins on the McGee/Fletcher sides[ATTACH=CONFIG]439210[/ATTACH].Dh and son, Shawn Kerry., in a recent photo.

dublb 10-01-2013 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by grannyQ (Post 6324494)
I received my block from DD yesterday,really like it, it goes well with the rest of my blocks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]439127[/ATTACH]
Here is all of them together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]439128[/ATTACH]
Thank you very much GG for the beautiful block, it is called Carpenters Star Variation.

Also just a reminder Ladies, get your Mammogram, this is breast cancer month, that is how they diagnosed me last month. It doesn't make any difference your age just get one, Thank you everyone for your prayers for me, I'm slowly improving every day.

Wow!! They are lovely tagether!

JeanieG 10-01-2013 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 6324092)
Anael, I personally don't like it..I think it clashes, it's too dark, hard looking.. Gold, blue, light to med pinky purple, even a soft green would be much better...

DH dropped an envelope yesterday when he went out to get the mail....He brought it in this morning with the newspaper...My MB from JeanieG was in it...A great block, perfectly pieced..will take a photo later in the day...

Honchey, sorry to be late with your block! I forgot to mail it before we went to Phoenix! So much going on trying to get the house put back together. I told my husband I'm going to grab him to get all my pictures up on the walls, they look so bare!!!

QNS - My does your son look like your DH! Amazing!!!