Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

mirabelle 09-30-2013 11:58 PM

What a wonderful group of Pineapple Blocks Ggal, can't wait to see it together. I pulled out my pineapple quilt and now have it on the back of my lounge chair. Lots of memories in that quilt, my best friend and I travelled all night on a bus to participate in a quilting retreat, then rearranged our motel room so we could sew all night:D spent 2 days sewing then all night on a bus again to get home. SHE didn't go to work on Monday but I did:D:D We both still have our quilts..

Anael 10-01-2013 12:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great story Mirabelle!

I found a quilt lay-out I think will work with my Laurel Birch fabric. What do you think?
It's in a Kaffe Fasset book A Colorful Journey, quilt design by Roberta Horton.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]439086[/ATTACH]

gardnergal970 10-01-2013 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6323705)
Great story Mirabelle!

I found a quilt lay-out I think will work with my Laurel Birch fabric. What do you think?
It's in a Kaffe Fasset book A Colorful Journey, quilt design by Roberta Horton.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]439086[/ATTACH]

That would be perfect! You might have to change the size of the block to preserve the largest globes and if it feels to busy to have every block fussy cut, then use an alternating fabric that reads solid. That would be a perfect place for embroidered work to compliment the theme of the quilt. You do have the machine that can work that magic!

deranged_damsel 10-01-2013 05:06 AM

GoodMorning Ladies!!! I went to my mailbox yesterday and found a package from NinaSue :D what an amazing wonderful MB :D I will post a pic later after my camera is all charged up! THANKS NinaSue :D :D :D

I did mail out my MB on friday, I know it was late but hopefully worth it!!!

Anael 10-01-2013 05:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What about this one to use as alternating fabric?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]439100[/ATTACH]

Honchey 10-01-2013 06:20 AM

Anael, I personally don't like it..I think it clashes, it's too dark, hard looking.. Gold, blue, light to med pinky purple, even a soft green would be much better...

DH dropped an envelope yesterday when he went out to get the mail....He brought it in this morning with the newspaper...My MB from JeanieG was in it...A great block, perfectly pieced..will take a photo later in the day...

oksewglad 10-01-2013 06:40 AM

QE--nice ideas for Anael's focus fabrics!
What a great fruit salad of blocks you have GGal! A winner Dublb. This is a reminder I've got to get my MB done--I'm not as ahead of the game as some of you are.
Going out to pick some apples for my QB. They are Firesides--a nice eating apple as well as baking. They are so good cooked in brown sugar and butter in a cast iron skillet on the stove top--but need to be watchful as the butter sugar mixture can burn easily. Don't ask me how much I just toss:D:shock:
Then having lunch with my cousin; her sister; their aunt (a 95 yo quilter!) and another cousin so my day is gone.
Last night decided to rearrange my sewing area so it's all chaos again. Just didn't like the configuration as everytime the phone rang I'd have to walk around the cabinets. Lucky for me they are moveable so I moved them after paying bills and running to town. Now to get everything back into it's proper place.
Hope to get some garden work done tomorrow. Could be the only day this week as it could "Four letter word inserted" end of the week.
Have a good day everybody!

Just saw additional posts--I agree with Honchey- Anael. How about a gold and use the dark fabric (love the gold tones in it) for your corner triangles of one of the snowball blocks.

QuiltingNinaSue 10-01-2013 08:51 AM

Our garden is done for the summer; I cried a bit when I looked at it yesterday...had not looked at it for a long while. Terrible. Black cabbage, dead tomato vines, etc. Not a nice garden at all. Guess its ready for Halloween...although no pumpkins.

One more piece to finish my SYE block three. I chose to 'do it my way'.

Anael 10-01-2013 09:02 AM

My garden is also gone, looks quite empty.

grannyQ 10-01-2013 09:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I received my block from DD yesterday,really like it, it goes well with the rest of my blocks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]439127[/ATTACH]
Here is all of them together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]439128[/ATTACH]
Thank you very much GG for the beautiful block, it is called Carpenters Star Variation.

Also just a reminder Ladies, get your Mammogram, this is breast cancer month, that is how they diagnosed me last month. It doesn't make any difference your age just get one, Thank you everyone for your prayers for me, I'm slowly improving every day.