Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Rosyhf 08-28-2015 07:38 AM

QNS pm me your email and I will send you the files. I have just started to use dropbox and I don't know too much about it lol...but it's a great way to send large files. These are two books.

If you want to write on a pic, open up "paint" (it comes with windows) go get your pic or file, click on the large A at the top right, then click on any part of your pic and a little box will come up, type in the box. You can also click on the color of the text at the right top and the size, click in the box, type and then click outside the box and your done.

I'm so sorry to hear about your eye and so happy that your other eye was saved.

We are 73 and 74 (me). All our meals are home meals and I cook and love it. Hubby does all the house work and I just cook and wash the floors, he does everything else. He also loves chicken soup and I do make lots of different soups and freeze a few containers. We eat them up and I make another patch. I don't do canning, too hard lol. Sometimes I do make homemade noodles (once a year) when I make the special lasagna.

Rosyhf 08-28-2015 07:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a chicken I wrote on.

Rosyhf 08-28-2015 07:46 AM

I am feeling all well today. It took two weeks to get over whatever I caught on that plane to Puerto Rico. I am going to pick two block from the Pony club and post them here. I think I will do both clubs. I am really in quilt mode lol.

JeanieG 08-28-2015 09:57 AM

QNS - I don't label my quilt block photos. I kept all of the photos for the original FWSQ in a separate folder on my computer, but found they were just taking up loads of space on my computer. I never looked at them again once I finished the quilt, so I just deleted them all. I do keep a photo of my completed quilts. Now, once I post the photo of the block, I just delete them after a while.

janRN 08-28-2015 01:17 PM

Finally got together with my quilty friends yesterday for a long overdue FART. We went to a newly opened LQS. Really neat place. It's in an old established neighborhood with large homes, well maintained, gorgeous. But--they put a 4 lane highway right down the middle of the neighborhood (all in the name of progress). Now all these old beautiful homes are offices or small businesses. They did keep the historic exteriors. The LQS is on the first floor of home that was built in 1815. She kept a lot of the architectural details but still has a large selection of fabrics and notions. Lots of Civil War repros; that may be my next project. I like the colors a lot, remind me of fall colors. Only bought 2 FQs--I practiced such restraint LOL but we had a good time. This is the first we've gotten together all summer. Weather was perfect--cool upper 60s; maybe that's why I was thinking fall. Today it's 80*.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-28-2015 01:46 PM

Thanks, JeanieG. Someone here said I would like to use Picaso; thought it was you but I guess I am wrong...you and JanRN always have great ideas that work out wonderfully...my memory isn't what it used to be so I will apologize that I was wrong.

Rosy, left you a PM with email address. So happy you are going to begin on the PC trail; we enjoyed that trail so much...and not all of us finished it. Three or four of the blocks I did skip, not successful with them at all.

JanRN, that sounds like a wonderful FART trip. It's great to have a 'time out' with other women on a fun time.

I worked too hard yesterday and stayed up too late and I am worthless today...just resting and reading. Dh tried so hard to 'can' his last tomatoes himself...second time around, he did a better job and learned a lot from the experience.

dublb 08-28-2015 02:06 PM

I have been getting ready to teach my class tomorrow. We will mostly work on my revision of the Jelly Roll Race. I will also show how I use the method to make other strip pieced quilts.

Honchey 08-28-2015 02:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Will you show us too Dublb???

Yes, Jan we all need to get out once in awhile with our friends....I'm going to Pinehurst in 2 weeks with two of the ladies from the Village stitchers , that's the furthest I will be from here in Calabash...
I got some fabric from one of the ladies in the guild that was donated and no one wanted to do anything with it so I played with it a bit and here's a couple of photos of what I'm doing..

Rosyhf 08-28-2015 03:13 PM

Honchey, that is so pretty.

Rosyhf 08-28-2015 04:09 PM

Janrn, those fart trips are great, I am due for one in a week where we will discuss out next doll (yes I do make dolls too lol) There are three of us in this friend group. We will have a good lunch first and then discuss lol.

QNS, I sent you 3 emails lol.

I was going to start the PC blocks but got carried away with the fabrics. I went through a whole wardrobe of fabric and sorted and arrange and found fabrics and then decided to do another area that had fabric, Now I know where everything is and everything is in order. I was looking for novelty fabrics, since this is a child's pony club. I found two large stacks of novelties. I can now pick according to the block. I thought I would stick more to the cutesy type. Ok here I go at least I need to make one block lol.....later