Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

carriem 03-04-2016 06:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally have a quilt to show you ladies. I have enjoyed the other "show and tell" projects this week as well. "Ours" quilt #1...

JeanieG 03-04-2016 08:52 AM

Wow, Carrie, that came out so beautiful! Can't wait to see the next one.

Jan - such great news on your son's hand. Thank God!

Honchey 03-04-2016 09:02 AM

Carrie, You have created a "Majestic" quilt.. perfect for the King & Queen...:)

janRN 03-04-2016 09:35 AM

Carrie, that is amazing. I love that border fabric--it ties your whole quilt together perfectly. Great job by both you & DH.

Jeanie, thanks, good to hear from you.

OK, I think you sent your snow & ice our way but it's supposed to be in the 70's by next week. Good ol' Pennsylvania weather LOL.

dublb 03-04-2016 10:09 PM

Oh Carrie, That's just lovely! The perfect blend of the purple & blue!
Jan, I am so glad that your DSon didn't lose his fingers!

Me? I have been going & coming all day! Or is that coming & going. http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys/default/wink.gif I haven't been ale to stop doing stuff long enough to get a haircut in a very long time. I got in today & spent a lovely morning w/my DF. She was my friend long before she was a hair dresser.
I spent some time on the phone w/my DSis then my DD. About 2:00 I went to the bank & spent some time there. I was gonna go to Hobby Lobby next but realized that it was happy hour so I decided to make a Sonic run. http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif I haven't done that in several months. Gosh they were busy! Then to Hobby Lobby. I bought a shadow box. I have a wedding to go to tomarrow. The invitation is printed on satin & I wanted to put it in the shadow box. If I had gotten it sooner I would have made it into a pillow but it went to the wrong address. I am just glad that I already knew about the date & time.By the tie I got home it was after 5:00!

QuiltingNinaSue 03-05-2016 06:17 PM

Carrie, great job on the quilt; thanks for sharing.

I have been busy planning the 50th Wedding Celebration for March 24th. Finally tried a new beauty operator who did curl my hair yesterday, and we went to the professional photographer this morning; a royal battle to get my DH there, but he did enjoy himself with this guy. Got the book and decorations ordered this afternoon with DD's help. Amazon.com , of course. Menu is set, children are coming in and a friend from New Haven to help with the lunch and supper we will be serving that day. Home style buffet, with home canned meat and veggies. It is a card shower, no gifts deal, because we have too much stuff around us after fifty years of marriage. The pictures and article I wrote will be sent to the papers with our announcement, so that detail is also done deal. Now for the cleaning and de-cluttering before the kids come in to help....and finishing two quilt tops as 'gifts' for friend and DS. Wish youall could come too. If wishes were fishes, the ocean would be full!

dublb 03-05-2016 06:53 PM

It sounds like your 50th is gonna be so much fun. A wonderful thing to celebrate.

Both my DDad & my DFIL died before their 50th anniversaries w/DM & DMIL respectively. My DDad & DFIL died in March of 2009 10 days apart. My mind has been on them this week.

oksewglad 03-05-2016 07:59 PM

With many couples not making it to their 25th, 50 is a milestone for sure...you will have a wonderful time with your family.

My parents did not make it to their 34th. For MrOK's parents we held a surprise party, under the guise of taking them out to dinner...extended family and close friends in attendance...In a month's time we had their 50th which I did most of the organizing for as SIL lived 6 hours away, hosted a HS graduation reception, and we finished work on the parlor and put cows through it for the first time....plus regular spring field work...ah to be 20 years younger. Oh and I was a full time student. For their 55th we had cake in a park after a college graduation...much easier although it rained that day.

QuiltingNinaSue 03-06-2016 05:10 AM

We doubt that we will make fifty more...although one couple did celebrate eighty years...in the nursing home. DG make it to thirty two years. I thought we should celebrate the Fifty but DD did not want to spend any $$$ on it or plan it so I did. We will celebrate it! And I had him take a picture of my FWSQ. We see our proofs on Wednesday.

Aunts on both sides of my parents did celebrate sixty five years together, so we will see. What will be, will be. Have a great Sunday everyone.

dublb 03-07-2016 06:00 PM

I agree Sue, 50 years is worth celebrating!