Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

JeanieG 11-04-2015 04:12 PM

Are you doing Em with PP or piecing? I have not got there yet, I'm still a little behind after being gone for two weeks.

Honchey 11-04-2015 05:05 PM

Hi, I partially pieced one of the future blocks awhile ago..I pp'd the strips then trimmed the sides to the seam allowance with the exception of the outside seam allowance. then...I removed all the paper except the outside pieces then sewed the strips together. I was able to nest the seams that were critical to them laying flat..it worked like a dream..Of course the machine & presser foot was set to sew @ 1/4"...This was a block that had lots of little squares..
I don't remember which one it was...I'll be doing the rest of the little pieces trips that way.

QuiltingNinaSue 11-04-2015 05:47 PM

We had the same patterned block in FW called corn and beans. I tried without pp, so I will try the pp. Do not care for the process either way. The one fourth I did was not straight anywhere... maybe by the time I try it again, I will be seeing better...on that day.

dublb 11-04-2015 05:56 PM

I am so sorry that I haven't been here yesterday. I was keeping myself busy so as to not think of the loss of Blue. I didn't even turn on my computer yesterday.

givio 11-04-2015 09:25 PM

Bev :-( *hugs*

Rosyhf 11-05-2015 10:41 AM

Hugs, Blue is in heaven.....

dublb 11-05-2015 06:35 PM

Thanks Ya'll. I am feeling better this evening. The house does feel like it is missing something. I was dragging around so much thismorning that DH thought I was sick. It took till afternoon to feel better.

I have started shredding again. We have boxes & boxes of DFIL & DMIL's financial stuff in storage. (We lost DFIL in '09 & DMIL in '12.) I am sure that we will eventually have to find a secure shredding place to take most of it but I will shred some of it daily till I get overwhelmed. I sure don't want to move all of that stuff.

JeanieG 11-05-2015 11:01 PM

Bev, if you have a fireplace, we use that instead of a shredder for all our financial stuff. So much easier, and it is gone in a flash!

dublb 11-06-2015 08:34 AM

Jeanie I have a gas fireplace here in Midland. I don't think I want to add paper to that. The wood burning stove in Brady is dangerous for burning paper. My DGM caught the house on fire burning paper in it. DH & I are giving away kits for making his BBQ sauce. If any of ya want to try making a half batch please send me a PM w/your address & I will send ya a kit. We are looking for feed back.

dublb 11-06-2015 08:36 AM

Grrr Why won't it let me turn my letters blue. & it keeps changing where I started a new paragraph! Grrr