Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

oksewglad 11-19-2015 03:04 PM

Of course, Jan...let us know when he's safely home.

JeanieG 11-19-2015 07:58 PM

Oh dear Jan, I am so sorry that he had to go to that area of Europe! The whole thing is so scary. I'm always checking Fox News for the latest information. I love the Outnumbered program in the morning. Those gals are so darn smart and savvy about what is going on. Prayers for your son!!!

carriem 11-19-2015 08:32 PM

Turkey

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All--

I know this is a bit early, but my mom sent this to me today and I thought you would all appreciate it too! :)

dublb 11-19-2015 08:45 PM

OH my! That is just about perfect! ROTFLOL

JeanieG 11-19-2015 10:05 PM

Love it Carrie!

QuiltingNinaSue 11-21-2015 05:39 AM

Thanks, Carrie.

There is about three inches of snow on the ground here this morning; twenty eight degrees and wind blowing about 22 miles per hour.

oksewglad 11-21-2015 06:13 AM

Love the plaids in Tom's attire..

Yep snow here too...3-4"...and in between the two of us some places have a foot..it's supposed to get down to 9-10* tonight...snow will be a here a while..

Honchey 11-21-2015 07:04 AM

Hi Everyone, been a while since I posted so I got my fanny up and opened the computer. I was looking at the weather channel and thought about all of you in the midwest..snow, cold temps, high winds.Brrrrrr..it's even cold here in NC 45* this morning...

I think about you guys all the time wondering how you're all doing and Jan when I read your post I wanted to hug you and give you some comfort.. Knowing all the problems over there is enough to keep anyone up all night..

Carrie, your "Tom" is certainly a Dapper Dan..wish I had some of the leftovers...

Jeanie, I have Fox news on all the time even when I'm not in the room.

Other than PT, Bingo and Mondays with the Village stitchers It's been rather quiet..I did some sewing for Carolina comfort..finished tops for the girls that were having some difficulty..everyone is busy, busy, busy... My neighbors son (retired army vet) was having some problems with his mom's sewing machine and I helped him get it going correctly..put the right foot on it and explained the machine functions for him..He was a happy camper when I left..He has a chair cover business and sells online....
It's that time again for me..Pack up and travel north...I hardly opened any of my totes so it shouldn't take that long to get my stuff together...
I miss seeing the colors of fall...here the trees stay green. the south has "live Oaks" that only lose a couple of leaves every fall and the leaves are tiny, not like the huge Oak leaves up North..

It's time for me to get my "act" together".. Have a good day, H.

carriem 11-21-2015 07:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am still here! :) Buried under about 8" of snow, but that just means I get to stay home and sew today. Of course, there will be a little shoveling too. First picture is the view out the window by my kitchen sink and the other is the window looking out towards the deck.

givio 11-21-2015 08:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's a white world here today too. Beautiful! (The picture looks more gray than it really is.) I love the first snowfall. The flakes are big and fluffy, the best kind for catching on your tongue; it's about 6" inches so far; and a Saturday, so there will be snowmen appearing in the neighborhood before long. :-)