Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

janRN 06-06-2016 01:21 PM

That's gorgeous. Jeanie, you & I could do that!

dublb 06-06-2016 01:23 PM

OH Sue! It is just beautiful!

JuneBillie 06-06-2016 02:02 PM

That is such a pretty quilt.

JeanieG 06-06-2016 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 7570472)
That's gorgeous. Jeanie, you & I could do that!

Yep, as long as I don't have to applique it! LOL My arthritic hands do not like sew with a needle, my fingers ache! I also don't have the patience for it either.

QuiltingNinaSue 06-06-2016 03:28 PM

I think, in this case, we all speak the same language. No, I could not do the fine needle work to put this one together. I was delighted when they told me it was printed fabric. . . and so easy even a blind quilter could put it together!:D

oksewglad 06-06-2016 03:54 PM

Yes indeed, sew pretty...we have those fabrics and the colors are so cheery....if you like purple, the companion fabric is such a rich shade.

Yes SBG, my design for the RbyR...thanks....

Blue Bell 06-06-2016 04:43 PM

Love your Row by Row. I am too far away to pick up the pattern/kit.

sewbizgirl 06-06-2016 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 7570459)
It is a 'cheat' cloth, all printed on fabric; guess that is why I liked it and finished it in two days...just cut out the squares and put it together with the border piece. Love the look; thought it would be a perfect throw quilt for a newborn baby girl who is a granddaughter of BF coming in tomorrow to sew with me. I put the star pattern for a quilt up where I could find it, to made it for her, too. Now if the Lord will just tell me where that is, we will make it. LOL.

Well you sure fooled me! It looks like all hand applique in your photo... very pretty!

Honchey 06-07-2016 07:00 AM

Hi Everyone,I posted the new thread, Great cheater quilt Nina. I finally brought down the fabric you sent me eons ago..Theres enough for several small quilts for the babies at the hospital we donate to..Thanks so much..Many of the very young mothers have so little..
DH and I arrived last Saturday evening and I sent the next 2 days in the recliner..I think the sitting with my legs in that position makes them swell..my right knee was twice the size of my left knee..I used the Tens unit on it and by Monday morning I was able to walk with 90% less pain than before.. The hallway still has all my sewing "stuff" lining the the wall.:) I have my appt with the PT later this morning.. I hope it helps my left ankle with the tendonitis as it needs to be stable before I can get my right knee replaced.. I was a very active girl in sports when I was attending school..I played softball, basket ball, volley ball , swim team and gymnastics . I got letters in all aspects. I had a good set of legs..I don't know what happened to them...:(

It rained torrents here for the past 2 days.. Tropical storm Colin has now left the area...It's muggy as hell right now..
It's almost time for me to leave so I'll sign off for now...

I'm going to see If Nina posted her blocks...She's been the early bird of late...:) Later, H.

Rosyhf 06-07-2016 07:28 AM

Beautiful Sue...