Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

wesing 12-14-2015 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 7394808)
I have to tell you about an experience I had at Joanne Fabrics the other day. As you all know I'm a diehard Pittsburgh Pirates baseball fan. I've been looking for Pirates fabric forever, they just licensed it earlier this year. I've seen it on Ebay greatly overpriced. As I was looking in the aisle with team fabrics a salesperson was putting three bolts of Pirates fabric on the shelf! Yay! I didn't want to be rude and reach around her so I waited til she started to walk away, reached for a bolt and wham! A lady (?) literally pushed me out of the way and grabbed all three bolts! I said "wait a minute, I need a yard of that and I'll give you the bolt back". She laughed and said "no way, I'm taking them all". And she did!!!! I was so stunned I couldn't even argue, just stood there with my mouth hanging open! I hope it fades and shrinks LOL!!!

I think I would have walked straight to the cutting counter and explained to them how I was just shoved out of the way so the hog could get the bolt out of my hands and ask them to cut off a yard for me when the hog brought it up. I'm sure they would be glad to help you.

givio 12-15-2015 07:14 AM

Nice pic, Bev! I used your link and had some 'snow' and 'flashing' digital squares problem, but was interested to read the article despite my technical problems. I'm putting together a scrappy quilt with this method too. My squares are 18". I started sewing orphan blocks together. If the block I use isn't the right size, then I just add a border to it. I'm not sure how it will end up, because it's easy to mix and match and decide something else improvisionally! But, so far, I'm very fond of it. It might be my favorite when it's done.

QuiltingNinaSue 12-15-2015 12:23 PM

Honchey, has not posted the next two FW blocks, so maybe I have some time yet before I do them?

A year ago, I posted this gift to a couple of wonderful ladies who rescue cats; our kitten has cetainly brought many smiles into our lives:https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d3&oe=571845A6

dublb 12-15-2015 01:51 PM

I do remember your cat quilt Sue but am so glad to see it again. It is so purdy!
As for the link for the scrap quilt is is just an idea. I did do it as my "Ender & Leader" project. It has gone together so much faster than any of the main projects that I have been making it with. LOL

Givo, I am thrilled that ya like the link. I'd love to see how your's is coming out.

Honchey 12-15-2015 02:01 PM

Oh My, I've been busy baking with my sister and FORGOT!!! Will do it right now...

QuiltingNinaSue 12-17-2015 05:51 AM

A new dawn, a new day. What will be, will be. The future is not ours to see. I hope to get one or two of the FW blocks done today, and tackle the remainder of the 'quilt stuff' and organize it better. Finish my UFOs in the new year. Some quilt tops are so close to being done. A dozen more I want to cut out to do, have all the fabric collected for them. Discard the scraps...no time for them...as I finish each top.

No cookie baking, no special menu for holidays here...just another day. No company planned, no decorations for the season. Everyone else can enjoy theirs and ours, too.... Blessed be. It is a new dawning of the day each day; there are fresh hopes and prayers for the new day.

JeanieG 12-17-2015 12:53 PM

Got ingredients for Molasses Sugar Cookies in the fridge chilling today. We have a cookie party and potluck dinner on Saturday at one of my cousins houses. Always good to see family from my Dad's side of the family this time of year, as we do not get together very often.

Rosyhf 12-17-2015 04:37 PM

Jan love the Moose, NS, I feel for you. The only Idea I have is to go up high. Shelf unit, up to the ceiling. I won't be doing any blocks until the new year, have too much stuff to do. Just finished baking two Christmas cakes and as soon as they cool, I will sauce them up lol....

janRN 12-18-2015 06:07 PM

Here it is, Dec 18, and we're getting our first snow. We got about an inch in the last 2 hours and even I (who hates snow) have to admit it looks so pretty outside with all the Christmas lights. But that's enough snow for me. Actually it's supposed to be back in the 50's and 60's by Christmas--yay! Hope everyone is well, busy I'm sure. Enjoy this time of year, think of the reason for this season and not all the "stuff that has to be done".

oksewglad 12-18-2015 11:40 PM

Jan your first sentence could have been written by me...a light dusting of snow here too. I have 2 packages ready to go to PO tomorrow am....got a growth chart for youngest Grand made...picture later...4 skirts, 1 pair of pj's, 3 tops, 1 pair of leggings, and 2 body suits ready for GD #5...the 3 circle skirts are reversible....now to keep working on the rest of the girls' doll clothes...I have til after Christmas...phew...must get to bed...