Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

givio 09-12-2015 04:10 PM

QNS, Your kids should be home now? Did they let you know they arrived safely?

QuiltingNinaSue 09-12-2015 04:26 PM

Rosy, I love all your blocks and stories. I am so happy you are doing the blocks and sharing with us.

The kids made it back home, Thank God. They are very tired but very excited about owning the Travel Trailer.

I copied the recipe, Ok. I made my Classic Meatloaf that dh brags about to other folks he meets. Its from the Amana Microwave people back in 1975.
One to 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef (I substituted ground turkey and chicken on the last one and it was good!)
1(8 oz can)of tomato sauce I used one pint of whole tomatoes.
2 eggs ightly beaten
1 cup of quick cooking oats
1 TBSP of minced onion
1/8 tso of minced garlic
1 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of pepper

And its the sauce that really flavors the meat: 1/3 c. catup; 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce; 1/4 c brown sugar; 1 tsp of prepared mustard.Combine all ingredients and put into a glass loaf pan. pour sauce over the meat loaf and put into the microwave for 18 - 19 minutes. I usually double the recipe and freeze one, and we eat the other.

oksewglad 09-12-2015 05:09 PM

The meatloaf recipe sounds like a keeper, too, QNS...thanks...glad the young ones made it home safe and sound.

dublb 09-12-2015 05:17 PM

Sue! That is my recipe for meat loaf! My family loves it but they want ketchup on the top. :thumbdown: OH well.

QuiltingNinaSue 09-12-2015 06:12 PM

Dublb, Salsa works well on the top of it too...the sauce is mainly ketchup, so they can have their meatloaf and their ketchup, too. Had not tried the chicken/turkey ground meat before, but will try that again. Dh loved it.

We love our SIL; DD found a very good man to take as a husband, and have a child with him He worked hard for two days to get to travel worthy and safe for his family. DD followed in their van, so the trip took longer than usual. He did well and will fix things that need to be fixed and they will enjoy their comping trips with AC and heat in the trailer. DD and I washed all the linen and dish ware and pans in the trailer. We sold it for a dollar, because we never used it, and they will use it a lot.

dublb 09-12-2015 07:00 PM

I am so glad that your DD & DSIL are happy w/the travel trailer! Good for you & them! :)

Rosyhf 09-13-2015 08:54 AM

NS. good to hear the kids made it. The recipe sounds so good. When I find the recipe for my "NO Peekie stew" I will post it, it almost sounds like yours but with a piece of beef lol.

Rosyhf 09-13-2015 09:01 AM

No Peeky oven stew.
stew meat
carrots
potatoes
chopped celery
chopped onions
pepper
1 can tomato soup
1 cups water
Season meat to taste
Layer all ingredients, starting with stew meat. Sprinkle with seasonings, Mix soup & water -- pour over ingredients. DO NOT STIR!
Bake in covered roaster 350 for about 2 hours
May add other veggies to your taste.

Honchey 09-13-2015 09:32 AM

I will make No Peeky when the weather cools a bit.. sounds oh so easy!! Thanks Ladies for posting the recipes..I get tired of cooking the same ole way...

Rosyhf 09-13-2015 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just finished the Clover Blossom, a little bit of Coral is showing, I guess I missed it altogether lol....