Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

oksewglad 03-01-2013 08:32 PM

Anael your Sylvia quilt is going to be such a lovely quilt when finished. The crisp white sets off the subtle, soft shades that Jeanie mentioned.
mirabelle :D I LOL when I read the FQ "exchange" you had with DD. I wonder how many laughs you guys have given me over the last 2000+ posts. Thanks for everyone of them. Congrats on 35 years. Where does the time go--it flies when we are having fun? The 4th is our GD Avery's 4th BD, too.
Jeanie I zoomed out your 3 photos. To me the tan is okay; the cream washes them out; and the black made them stand on their own. Then I read Jan's and QNS's replies--sounds like we all saw the same thing. And then mirabelle throws a monkey wrench into it. Carrie had a great suggestion, too. Do what you like, but we all understand why you want the perfect setting.
Carrie good luck to the archers tomorrow. Glad the weather's good for your drive to DM.
Janie, thanks for the description of the camel rug. I'm sure they enjoy a bit of color in a sand colored world. Oh and I received a great little squishy today! Thanks so much.
Guess DH and I are going to State meeting tomorrow. DIL is secretary, but I'm going as stand in. She and DS can spend quality time doing chores and get it done faster than the 2 old folks helping DS. GKids going to other Gma's on the way to meeting. So no sewing for a while. Have a great weekend!

Edit:
Oh Jeanie, the blue really softens the blocks, but let's them stand out as the black does. Didn't mirabelle think the black a little hard looking with the blocks? Isn't it grand to have such great comments.

QuiltE 03-01-2013 10:05 PM

GGal ... Thanks for the info on your Pineapple! So, we';re just doing one big pineapple for the whole 12" block, right? Some blocks may be hard to adapt to 6", but with PPing there is a lot of possibilities. YOu might be lucky to find the blocks in the FWS or Sylvia's books too.

Anael ... Such Grand good news about the SewGrands. I bet their restlessness is because they have been separated! ;) .... and your Sylvia is stunning!!!!!!!!! beautiful indeed! Are those the SewGrands playing on that one block? Some familiar blocks there from PC and FWS! You'll really appreciate this quilt, for the progression of skills that it shows. The fabric choices that you aren't fussy about, just think of them being like the FWS muddy blocks. By the time they are spaced around the quilt, all will disappear!

OKSGlad ... careful now, or you'll be in the sick bay next, too! Thanks ... I'm very happy to be so far along (at last:)). Hope to get the spare blocks done this weekend, if all goes well. For sure will put some pics up for everyone to see what I've been up to! Here's to your road trip tmro/Saturday and hope DHs back is up for the trip.

MiraB ... Happy 35th! and here's to many more for the two of you.

JanieW ... oh I didn't expect you to be rooting for Ontario! Though your MB cheering was a surprise. Looks like you're being very productive, even if not the PC blocks. Is it the last 4 in the book that remain? or did you hopscotch? Looking forward to seeing your blocks soon!

JeanieG ...Before I got to your blue, I favoured the black for the popping effect, and seconded the brown, for the less dramatic look, more subdued that it created. I'd even typed suggesting a fusions royal blue, like my sashings ... and then!!! BINGO ... you figured that out ... and oh my, that is the one!! Your colours really come to life. They still pop, but flow more together. . Now, what about cornerstones? Or are you going to skip them? Yes Yes Yes!!!

CarrieM ... Good Luck for the Archers tomorrow! Safe travels!!!

Good Night!!! one and all!!!!!!!!!!

Anael 03-01-2013 10:42 PM

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my Sylvia blocks! Now to decide on sashing and cornerstones ;)

GGal, Sylvia has a pinapple block, it's # L5.

Jeanie, I love the blue sashing! I thought black too but then I saw the blue and just LOVE it!

mirabelle 03-01-2013 10:50 PM

I vote for the blue also, black is sometimes too dramatic and overpowering (just my opinion)

Having a sad moment, I finished my mystery block and I can't show anyone:( I'll just leave it on the design wall and keep admiring it:thumbup:

Anael 03-02-2013 12:45 AM

You can show it to me mirabelle! I'm not part of the ride this time!

mirabelle 03-02-2013 02:27 AM

Maybe you could be our silent judge, we tell you what we were supposed to make and you tell us if we have it right, all done in secret of course...
A bit like Carriem who got to see all those lovely BB's before anyone else
Does anyone mind..
This way Anael will still be a part of our ride just in a different way

Anael 03-02-2013 03:10 AM

Yeah, that would be great!

QuiltE 03-02-2013 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 5897986)
Maybe you could be our silent judge, we tell you what we were supposed to make and you tell us if we have it right, all done in secret of course...
A bit like Carriem who got to see all those lovely BB's before anyone else
Does anyone mind..
This way Anael will still be a part of our ride just in a different way

All's OK with me for this plan ... though you know, MiraB, I can hear Anael chuckling away, and having it re-routed to Holland.

hhmmmmm ..... maybe this will be the way to get her recruited for the April swap?
hhhmmmmmmmmmmmm again ..........Good Strategy!!!! :D

*whistles a happy tune*

Now off to the post office, as two cards were in my box with parcels to pick up!!
I wonder I wonder, just what it might be?
Perhaps a squishie or two? :)

carriem 03-02-2013 05:32 AM

Jeanie--I like the blue.

Mirabelle--happy anniversary...a little early!

I think letting Anael see mystery blocks would be a fun way to include her in the "ride" and not have to wait until we post here...if Honchey gives the ok, we could PM or email Anael a sneak peek of our mystery block to see what she thinks? Then those who get done early don't have to wait so long to show "someone". :)

Thanks for the well wishes for archery. DS got 3rd Place in Middle School Boys in League Standings (which means he had the 3rd top two scores during regular tournaments). Where he places today determines where he places in "All-State" (which is those scores, plus the state score). Plus if he places in the top 5 at State he qualifies for Nationals so we are pretty excited. The girls aren't so "high" in standings but the teams have done well all year and they have both had personal bests...this is their 3rd year shooting.

Ok...time to shut the computer down for the day. I will miss checking in throughout the day....but look forward to the chatter tomorrow.

Honchey 03-02-2013 05:33 AM

Love the blue Jeanie....good idea for recruiting Anael to be our Judge...we'll have to email a photo of them to her...