Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

grannyQ 03-21-2013 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 5944827)
GrannyG, I love the label you posted for the BBs It could be thee thing for each of us to use, patterned the same but with the names changes each time...wonderful idea. Maybe you could post it here as well....just a suggestion.

GardenGal, so glad to know you did receive the box. Squares do not measure the 12.5 inches, but with the same fabric, you can perfect that size correctly. So that makes it two out of 13 MBs have arrived...

Will do

[ATTACH=CONFIG]403371[/ATTACH]

grannyQ 03-21-2013 06:08 PM

I can print some out if anyone wants it on 8 X 10 piece of material, white or beige. Just let me know.

dublb 03-21-2013 06:32 PM

OH! I just love the Friendship Flower!!! It's just too perfect!
I've been workin' on my MB but it's kickin' my butt. It is PP & was goin' so well. When i got the 4 pieces done I decided ta sew around the edges. I guess it was way too late & I didn't think. I used the same gray thread, that I used for construction, ta sew around the edges, then I cut all 4 down ta 6.5". Well those gray stitches are just outside the seam allowance! They shine like beacons on the dark fabric. :( Ta make matters worse I used the tiny PP stitches. So most o' taday I've been pickin' out those tiny stitches. LOL I am pleased about how it is comin' out. PP is so accurate. I had so hoped ta mail it out taday.
Well maybe tamarrow. :)

QuiltE 03-21-2013 07:41 PM

MiraB ... And to think I missed story time!!! (we posted at the same time). Once one is "scared" of their vehicle, it's definitely time for replacement. You knew it was. Yes, Men!!! Funny how it was an urgency for your DHs new truck, for fishing!! :) Thank you for your MB comments and yes, I am very tempted by that pinwheely Flower of Friendship pattern as well. So, do you keep file folders with your future quilt plans? You must be the MOSt organized quilter, ever! :D

OKSGlad ... we aim to please, and try to provide some "sweetness" amidst financial number crunching

GrannyQ ... what a nice tribute you have given to each of us in the BB swap.

Update on the PC Trail .........
Sashing and Cornerstones on ..... check
Blocks on Design Wall ..... check
First sort for placement ..... check
And how many more shuffles to follow? ..... unknown!

And because I never did like one of the blocks ... I remade it tonight! :D
(No, I will not be continually remaking ... this one just never sat well with me!)
MiraB ... I felt you deserved much better than the first was.

mirabelle 03-21-2013 07:58 PM

Ooohhh are you giving away secrets QuiltE am I your next recipient???????????????????

You can clearly tell I am busy sewing away finishing stuff right, almost finished a charity quilt that has definitely been sitting around way too long, just a scrappy strippy that will go to a nursing home.

QuiltE I do keep folders, I have one full of tips and techniques, like 2 coloured binding, how to mitre your binding cause I always forget and the right side of my brain won't do what my left side wants:D and any other useless info I might need. Other folders have full patterns in them like the Compass Blocks and now one will have the Jinny Beyer pattern. I started one for the MB's but that is quickly turning into a folder of quilts I want to make.

I showed DD the Flower of Friendship block and quick as a flash she has decided what fabric is going to be used and how many blocks I will have to make, :rolleyes: as she is presumably going to provide all the fabric I told her to halve it and we will both make blocks. Bet she has all the fabric cut ready to give me next week:D So as I said this could be very dangerous, all these beautiful blocks to choose from.
Now back to the cave and finish this quilt

QuiltE 03-21-2013 08:16 PM

Maybe you are? and Maybe you are not?
(pssssssssssst.... it was your Aussie Froggy that I re-did!:))

MiraB ... You're a real inspiration with all your productivity and amazing work. ... I can't wait to see your Flowers of Friendship blooming!!! :) Love how your DD makes all these plans for Good Ol' Mom! :D BTW how's that quilt coming ... will you be able to meet your/her birthday deadline?

mirabelle 03-21-2013 09:23 PM

Taking a break, have only 3 seams to go and I can sew the binding on and its done and dusted..

Butterflies is back on the agenda tomorrow, her birthday is the 31st so I have 9 days but whose counting. don't know if I will make the deadline but I will come close. I just need a few days with no distractions, which means getting my butt off this computer and back to the salt mine:D:D but there is too much going on here and I don't want to miss a thing:p

mirabelle 03-22-2013 01:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK this is all finished thank goodness, it has been hanging around my sewing room for about a month. I have made three of these so far this year and I am happy to report my string bin is empty.. yahoo...They will go to a nursing home so whilst not great works of art they will keep someone warm and thats the important bit.

News alert!! Compass blocks from Quilting on the Square will no longer be available after 1st April so if you haven't downloaded these patterns now is the time to do it. Also on the 1st April they are releasing a new free BOM called Spike Your English. The name doesn't give anything away so will definitely be checking it out.

GrannyQ thank you so much for the label, I am going to machine embroider mine, I have an 8 x 10 hoop.

Anael 03-22-2013 03:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
GrannyQ, that's a beautiful label! I haven't thought about a label yet but I love yours!

I have been busy, Bram and Isa need new outfits with sleeves and little pants. Meaning they might be out of the incubator very soon now. This is the first set I made.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403400[/ATTACH]

mirabelle 03-22-2013 04:04 AM

Anael they are beautiful, can't wait to see them both all dressed up