Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltE 05-24-2013 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6082520)
Did I QuiltE? I don't remember making more PC quilts :)

I took another picture of the quilting and changed it a bit with Picture Manager. Maybe you can see it better now? It's some kind of paisley design.

Silly woman ... you know you did more PCs! :)
I can see it a bit better, and will study it later to see if I can figure it out.
You've come a long way in a short time with your FMQ ... I can only pray for a little of the progress for myself!

MiraB ... I forgot in my earlier post ... Yes, I SO agree ... and wish you lived closer, to share your expertise IRL and help coach me along!

Anael ... You ARE closer ... but just not close enough!

All ... same thing goes ........ so for now, everyone, please indulge me and all my inquisitiveness!!! :D

Anael 05-24-2013 07:31 AM

QuiltE, if you would come here you're somewhere in the middle :D :D

JeanieG 05-24-2013 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6082481)
Marking ... I use Frixxions but mostly for wrong side markings. I have found they can bleach the fabrics when ironed off, so am hesitant when doing top work. The old test-test-test is vital!:)

However, I have found and read that the whitish line will wash out (usually on dark fabrics). Try dampening one with water and see if that does not take it off.

Anael - another stunning quilt from you. Gorgeous!!!

janRN 05-24-2013 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ggal, that's an awesome block Carrie made for you. I'm with QE--I'm a little intimidated by that block. And your Sam is too cute!

Anael, this will be such a happy week-end for your family. Yay twins--you are awesome. I love your wall hanging. The pattern is so nice and that fabric is to die for. Yinz have me so in awe of your FMQ. Mine still looks like a kindergartener did it!

I'm going to try to post a pic of my Pony (Donkey) quilt. I had trouble trying to post a pic the other day. I love seeing them all again.[ATTACH=CONFIG]415219[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 05-24-2013 09:37 AM

I love seeing all the PC quilts again; and get goose bumps just looking at everyone of them!! Think GardenGal has posted hers before too..but I guess she has been a little busy...love her MB and her SS.

QuiltE 05-24-2013 09:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Anael ... oh how I would so love to! :)

JeanieG ... guess I'd better do some more testing and find out!

JanRN ... we'll hold each others hands and tackle that one together! :D

QNSue ... me too! It's a nice trip down memory lane ... and where is your PC/FWS photo?

Now I'll see if I can get the FWS pics to upload without problems!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]415225[/ATTACH]
And then we have a whole cloth (with seams) on the back. Every block but two have different designs.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]415226[/ATTACH]
I don't really like this photo, but it shows the setting triangle and border quilting.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]415228[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 05-24-2013 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a photo of one half of my Pony Club Quilt, the other half is still in a box and I need to get it out and start thinking about a border for it. I have this one sandwiched, ready to start quilting. I agree, it is so fun to see them all again.

QuiltingNinaSue 05-24-2013 11:04 AM

De-layed, QuiltE, I am working on arrangement of sewing machines in quilt room and moving the stash around, uprooting everything until it is a large mess. There's my old Bernina 1530 on a new folding stand; the new Bernina 550 on its own school desk sewing cabinet, fully assembled now. Going to bring out my Bernette serger on the old typewriter table after the table for the Embroidery machine comes in on the first. Firsts, all of it, for me, to have tables and machines available, just to go into the Quilt Room and sew....sew....sohappy!! No, dh has not noticed the E. machine, and I am not announcing its home coming.....yet.

Have the borders cut for the PC, but not sewn on yet; that is next week.

mirabelle 05-24-2013 02:02 PM

Oooohhh these quilts still take my breath away they are all so exquisite.

Frixion pens - I do NOT use the black one, it seems to leave a white line after pressing, but the green and purple do not, forgot to mention that before.

Will try and take some pics this weekend of the quilting process on my lap quilt, if I get to it..

mirabelle 05-24-2013 02:43 PM

Quilting on the Square are offering another free BOM, this one is also paper pieced but I am kind of liking it, the blocks are 12 x 14 inches a bit different

I tried to do a link but it wouldn't work aarrrggghhhh trying again

http://www.quiltingonthesquare.com/