Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 05-24-2013 03:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thank you QNS.

Here is my PC quilt. As you can see I only used 8 blocks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]415153[/ATTACH]
and here how it's used in the Day Care Centre:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]415154[/ATTACH]

carriem 05-24-2013 03:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is one of my PC quilts. It is on a built in "day bed" in our living room. I am making another with red as the sashing/border.

Anael 05-24-2013 04:07 AM

Wonderful Carrie! If I would lay out a quilt like that my killer kitty would make it her own in no time! I think I don't want that, she will be using it to sharpen her nails as well :(

mirabelle 05-24-2013 04:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my two quilts, Farmers Wife Sampler made using predominantly Civil War fabrics which was a huge step out of my comfort zone. The second quilt is my Pony Club Sampler using the fabric line American Rose Banner. It has been quilted but I can't find the photos of it:o

Hope you enjoy our quilt show Laurie

mirabelle 05-24-2013 04:21 AM

Anael that is a beautiful wallhanging and I love your quilting:thumbup:

carriem 05-24-2013 04:45 AM

Anael--I agree with Karen on the wall hanging...very pretty! There are normally some throw pillows on the bed and we put an older quilt over the top of my PC one so the dogs can lay up there. Our cat doesn't visit the living room very often (she and the dogs don't get along, they just co-habitat) so I don't have to worry about her tearing it up. :)

Karen--I don't think I ever saw your FW, but both quilts are great.

deranged_damsel 05-24-2013 05:48 AM

All of my pics are on my other computer :O I will hunt them down ;)

!!!!GoodMorning!!!! everyone :D :D :D

Im off to take little grandson home, must make a stop to buy batting and more thread cones! I didnt make baby blankets for all of these kids when they were babies... now they are big enough to pick from my stash :D Im getting the quilts done so ALL of the kids will be COVERED.

Yes, this DhDD has 7 kids and I have 4, most of them are in the same age group! it makes it SUPER fun to get together, I didnt realize that my 8yr old son has turned into the ringleader! he is smaller than most of the grands but he makes up for it in spirit! he was bouncing from rock to rock like a mountain goat! SIGH..... he broke his arm last summer... lets see if he gets through this summer unscathed!!!

Have a GOOD one Ladies!!!

QuiltE 05-24-2013 06:22 AM

Oooooooh a PC and FWS quilt show!!! Yippeeee!!!!
I'll go and get my pics and post again soon! :D

Anael
... don't sell yourself short, you did more than one PC!

It's so nice to go back and re-look at all these wonderful quilts!
So FUN to see Anael's and CarrieM's PCs being used!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CarrieM ... Thanks for the hint to make strips wider and trim to precision/squaring. This block has me intimidated, for some reason! :) Perhaps another date today, with MrCarrieM? :D

MiraB
... thanks for the extra tips! Makes total sense re busy fabrics, simpler quilting ... plain fabrics more elaborate. I think in the past I was lazy and did not pay a lot of attention to quilting designs, being that I did not do it. This last year, I've paid more attention, and yet, almost feel as though I know, no more! Or am I just more confused?? :D

Marking ... I use Frixxions but mostly for wrong side markings. I have found they can bleach the fabrics when ironed off, so am hesitant when doing top work. The old test-test-test is vital!

Anael ... two fabrics, and what a classic look to it. And even in my autumn colours! I tried zooming in to see the FMQ, but can't get a good look of it. Darn!! :) Looks like an open feather sort of design?

DDamsel ... yes, shop shop shop for more quilting supplies and get that machine singing along!! Be sure to get what is needed to quilt your PC!! We want to see that barbed wire!! :D As for your DS, perhaps he is just following in his Mother's footsteps? A little of monkey see-monkey do? :)

Anael 05-24-2013 06:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Did I QuiltE? I don't remember making more PC quilts :)

I took another picture of the quilting and changed it a bit with Picture Manager. Maybe you can see it better now? It's some kind of paisley design.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]415192[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 05-24-2013 06:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my PC flimsy ... before borders. I forgot to get an all together pic before taking it to the LAQ! The first border is the red cornerstone; the outer border the blue sashings. Both are Fusions Mists. Binding will be in the blue, with a red flange.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]415198[/ATTACH]

And that's all for now ... the first I tried to post, it only gave the attachment, but no view. I've managed this for now, and will try again later for my FWS pics.