Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

mercysland* 06-07-2013 07:14 PM

Hi Gardnergal970! I just wanted you to know that I am actually branching out and piecing with a sewing machine sometimes. (Imagine that--I'm so proud!) LOL I made a wall quilt earlier this week, and it didn't come out too badly. (I need lots more matching corner practice, though.) I still will sew samplers by hand, but for wall and baby quilts, I think I'll go wild and try to get over my machine phobia. :) Let's face it. All quilting is fun no matter how we do it.

QuiltE 06-07-2013 07:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Update .... and again ... I haven't done any reading.

Pulled a semi-all-nighter ...... and put the last stitch in the binding at 12:12 am.
Wasn't able to give it my normal check ... of laying it on the floor to see if it had survived wave-free thru the process.
Barely picked off the threads that hop on board.
Then still had to pack all the entries for travelling.

Bed ... 2:07am ..... up and out the door less than six hrs later.

Busy day .............. and went back to the Fair tonight.
It was worth staying up late .....................

QuiltE 06-07-2013 07:24 PM

Gosh I wish they would hang quilts right way up when they are directional ..... surely they could see the dog. :)

I'll fill you all in about the rest of my entries later .............. and no, I do not have any other pics of the quilt yet. :)

And it looks like I'll need a pot of tea ..... one hundred posts to read ... tomorrow?

oksewglad 06-07-2013 07:46 PM

Hip hip hooray! A red ribbon and is the pink a champion ribbon. Tell us more--when you get a chance. Congratulations!

Corn in the ground today:thumbup:

JeanieG 06-07-2013 07:48 PM

Beautiful QuiltE!!! A Red Ribbon - is that a 1st place???

carriem 06-07-2013 07:54 PM

QE--congrats on the ribbons!!

Going to "City Wide" garage sales in the morning with DDs. Then going to look at a long-arm with a friend...any one know anything about the Janome Long Arm...Artistic Quilter 18"?? A lady has one for sale with a Grace frame for just $2500. I have spent the last hour reading about it. Sounds like some are real "duds" and others work fine...the biggest thing is getting them set up right and then getting the tension set with the "right" thread. This lady "just can't figure it out" so not sure what her issues are....find out more tomorrow.

dublb 06-07-2013 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by mercysland* (Post 6109895)
Hi Gardnergal970! I just wanted you to know that I am actually branching out and piecing with a sewing machine sometimes. (Imagine that--I'm so proud!) LOL I made a wall quilt earlier this week, and it didn't come out too badly. (I need lots more matching corner practice, though.) I still will sew samplers by hand, but for wall and baby quilts, I think I'll go wild and try to get over my machine phobia. :) Let's face it. All quilting is fun no matter how we do it.

I agree. Quiltin' is fun no matter how ya do it.
My best friend is washable school glue. Put a tiny drop on the matchin' seams, in the seam allowance, & heat treat it with the iron. Much better than pins. It washes right out. It works for me, try it & see if it'll work for you. I love quiltin' 'cause we all can find what works for each o' us. :)

dublb 06-07-2013 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 6109937)
QE--congrats on the ribbons!!

Going to "City Wide" garage sales in the morning with DDs. Then going to look at a long-arm with a friend...any one know anything about the Janome Long Arm...Artistic Quilter 18"?? A lady has one for sale with a Grace frame for just $2500. I have spent the last hour reading about it. Sounds like some are real "duds" and others work fine...the biggest thing is getting them set up right and then getting the tension set with the "right" thread. This lady "just can't figure it out" so not sure what her issues are....find out more tomorrow.

OH I hope it works out for ya. Where will ya put it? Got a place all cleared out for it yet?

dublb 06-07-2013 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6109906)
Update .... and again ... I haven't done any reading.

Pulled a semi-all-nighter ...... and put the last stitch in the binding at 12:12 am.
Wasn't able to give it my normal check ... of laying it on the floor to see if it had survived wave-free thru the process.
Barely picked off the threads that hop on board.
Then still had to pack all the entries for travelling.

Bed ... 2:07am ..... up and out the door less than six hrs later.

Busy day .............. and went back to the Fair tonight.
It was worth staying up late .....................

Wonderful!!!! Ya have us all seein' red......ribbons that is. LOL

Anael 06-07-2013 09:18 PM

QuiltE, congrats!! Glad you put the binding on in time :)

QNS, do you know this site: http://www.cuteembroidery.com/designsbycuties ? Lots and lots of free designs, all from members of the site. Most of them are ok. I tried to find a guitar outline but there are just too many pages to go through.

Carrie, good luck! A long arm.......WOW!! I think I have to move to the US :) :)

Today is twins time again! I haven't seen them since last Saturday!