Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltE 07-02-2013 04:45 PM

MiraB ... hope you studied well for your "test" and pass with flying colours! How soon will you know? glad you are enjoying your Canadian previews ... Lake Louise is much closer to JanieW, and even closer to the disastrous flood areas from a couple of weeks ago. I went to Montebello one time for a conference ... wonderful place! Looks like they are doing the "old hotel" circuit, so hopefully they will take you to Old Quebec City and Chateau Frontenac? Or perhaps Ottawa, our nation's capital and Chateau Laurier? And too, hopefully to Niagara Falls, then you are only about an hour from me! Or Toronto, about an hour. ENJOY your Canadian holiday!

QNSue ... good one ... pilot's license! :D Have never heard of that one before ... will have to remember it!!

Honchey ... *gasp* is that all you bought? Are you not well? :D eeeeeek on the s......!! Hope that things settle soon for the aftermath of the storms, and that you can start to really enjoy your time there. Forget? how long will you be in NC?

DublB ... if you're going to be moving, it's all going to have to be moved! Better start NOW! :D

JeanieG ... did you get your insurance cheque yet, so that the re-build can get started?

GrannyQ ... Thank you for letting us know that you have gotten your DS thru the surgery, now the recovery. Prayers continuing for all. Take care of yourself!

Moi? ... trying to get extra work done this week. If I can get ahead of things a little, then I might take off for a few days of holidays .... aka Shop Hop! There's a ten top hop on for July. Some are at a distance, so I tend to make it a bit of a holiday with a sleepover or two ... and some other jaunting around while I'm gone. So, you probably won't see a lot of me this week, though will let you know if I do "take off"1!!

Me thinks that OKSGlad and the Mr ... take off in Big Bird tomorrow! :)
Have a great time OKs! :D

dublb 07-02-2013 08:01 PM

LOL QE. I do have a lotta stuff but we won't start packin' till the appraiser has passed tha house w/flyin' colors. I don't want ta start packin' & have nowhere ta go.

JeanieG 07-02-2013 09:09 PM

QuiltE - Yes, we finally got the check last Friday, signed it and sent it off to the Mortgage Co. for them to process. The gal in charge said that we should have a check for the cabinets and the Contractor by the end of the week! She had talked to the Contractor already. Finally some progress!

janRN 07-03-2013 04:28 AM

On June 20 I mailed my MB and a box to Ggal. Ggal got the box but I haven't heard if my partner rec'd the MB. Should I assume it's lost in the mail? It had my return address on the outside and it hasn't been returned to me either. I'll make another MB but I have to do it this week-end because I work a lot in July to fill in for vacations. Darn--I've never had anything get lost in the mail before. Do you think I've waited long enough and should just make another block?

QuiltingNinaSue 07-03-2013 05:01 AM

If you put a tracking number on it, it can be tracked and know where it is. Or maybe the person has been busy or unable to acknowledge it yet, DD has problems with the weather there. Or if it was going to TEXAS, it might take three weeks to get there. Don't know how to advise you.

Jeanie, that is good news that you can start on your remodeling.

House is still a mess here. Am still taking those pills. I am a walking pill most of the time.

dublb 07-03-2013 05:35 AM

Yes I'm havin' trouble w/my mail so if ya sent it ta me it might be a while. Wait till Aug ta make another one for me & don't worry your head about it. I'll send my new address ta ya by then. I got OK's block after she had already sent & I had recieved the second one. I sure hope the mail service is better at the new house.

Honchey 07-03-2013 07:26 AM

I'm wondering if certain addresses need to have delivery confirmation....this way the post office knows it has to get delivered in a timely manner...Do you think the crazy weather in the midwest has anything to do with deliveries???
Jan, I would get the phone # of the Post office of the area closest to where the address is and ask them "WHAZZZZZZZZZUP with the delivery of my envelope???
I won $7 in Bingo last nite QuiltE...thought you might want to know:D

QNS...I hope you get better soon...don't over exert yourself...your body needs to be rested in order to get better...

Jeanie...does the folding table hold up under pressure...does it sink in the middle??? Joann's has a craft/cutting table that has cubbies underneath....I'm still on the fence about that one....
Going shopping for 2 folding/collapseable chairs to watch the Fireworks at Cherry Grove Beach, SC...That's only about 12 miles from where we are... Today it's bright & sunny but still sticky outside...I hope that cool front that's in the midwest gets to us soon...
Oh Dublb...you're moving...I don't envy you the task of doing that...It will be rewarding when you get in the new house...I love the big rooms....
There's a big July 4th Sale at one of the LQS and I promise yu QuiltE...I won't disappoint!!!!

Have a Happy 4th everyone!!!

JeanieG 07-03-2013 11:13 AM

Honchey, I find the table very sturdy. I use it at its highest setting (counter height) to cut on and have not had any problems with it sinking in the middle. That is why I recommend the Lifetime brand, it is very sturdy. Like I said, we set another brand up and it was very wobbly.

dublb 07-03-2013 01:10 PM

I got a MB from the address o' Delta VT. Oh it's so purdy!!!!!! I'm leavin in about 5 min's but will be able ta read when I git back who it's from. Camera is packed so I'll post picts when I git back.
Again thank ya who ever sent me my MB. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 07-03-2013 05:46 PM

All is well with Dublb then, that leaves DD to collect her MB then according to Carrie's count.

Honchey, we are awaiting to see pictures of your prizes from the sale. We can 'pet' the photo of the fabrics.

Made the potato salad; peeled the onions and cucumbers and sliced them into the vinegar mix of equal parts of sugar, water and vinegar. Tomorrow will BBQ the pork ribs and chicken pieces and corn on the cob; and make the baked beans in the iron pot and put them into the BBQ as well. Left overs will be put in the virtual RV for everyone to taste.

Picked and froze a quart of cherries and a quart of black berries, and dew berries.