Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltE 08-05-2013 08:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's your Smile for the Day ........... I'll be back later to read!!
I've been searching for a specific picture this morning, which seems to be lost ... saw this one and thought you'd get a chuckle.

We've heard QNSue talk about her Chicken Tractor ... well, here's the deluxe version, a Chicken Bus!
Yes, exactly as you are guessing .... the ramp at the back lets the chickens come and go, humans too!
The layers have nest boxes inside the bus.
And the humans move it from place to place in the field as the chickens graze it off.
Yes really ... sad but true, I have to admit this is just a couple miles away from me!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428459[/ATTACH]

Anael 08-05-2013 08:49 AM

Jan, I'm actually in my own group also as everybody else has finished quite some time ago. So I'm the only one posting blocks right now.
Please post pics of your blocks, I would love to see them!

Nice chicken bus QuiltE :D :D

carriem 08-05-2013 09:50 AM

Anael--how much fabric did you get for your background? I am thinking I would go that way too...might have to add this to my list. :) One a week would be do-able.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-05-2013 09:55 AM

Deluxe way to go for the chickens...what used to be for children is now for the birds. If people share the area, I hope there is a divider in the bus!! :D:mad: I would pass on visiting both in the bus!! Recycling at its best.

Early pioneers often shared a building with their animals...with one wall between them. That way they could care for the animals without going out into the cold elements. My how things have changed!! Many farm wives have 'mudd room' where they (men) change their outside clothes and shoes before coming into the house, thus keeping the dirt, etc., outside and not coming into the house.

Now the quilt room has been cleared for incoming sewing tables, cutting table and working-along-side small tables with sewing machines.....I am ready to put it to the test...and sew in there. The test is, IF I can find what I need in there. LOL!

Anael 08-05-2013 09:59 AM

Carrie, I bought all they had :) I think it was about 7 or 8 yards total and a FQ (as a gift from the LQS :D)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-05-2013 09:59 AM

Me,too, Anael and Carrie. Love those stars.

Anael 08-05-2013 10:00 AM

QNS, good luck in finding what you need to put things to the test :)

JeanieG 08-05-2013 10:59 AM

Jan, that star (and all I've seen so far too) is spectacular! I really like this one the best so far!

Anael 08-05-2013 11:22 AM

Jan, where is your star? I want to see it too :)

janRN 08-05-2013 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally lassoed MrJanRn into taking a pic of my stars. The dark brown one with the yellow spikes needs re-done; don't know how I messed up the middle so badly. Not a real good pic-- they're on a flannel wall. I think these are fun to do. So Anael, I guess we're a group of 2???[ATTACH=CONFIG]428554[/ATTACH]