Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

deranged_damsel 10-23-2013 07:10 AM

GoodMorning Ladies :D Im home again... SIGH! it feels good! since my MB was mailed out on the 15th :D I guess I get to relax for a bit huh? sadly I stuck it in the envelope before taking a final picture! Anael will think I dont love her :(

My sister I swear she is nuttier than me! we spent and entire day sewing Barbie doll dresses out of old socks! well SHE spent all day... I got tired and quit, then watched her and knitted. I should rethink knitting around family... everyone wants me to make them something now.

the six quilts I spray basted are sitting here staring at me O.O five are lap size for my Dh grandkids, and one queen size for my DhDD... Im HOPING to use my new machine and do a decent job of it. I dont think anyone will notice the difference if it isnt up to par... but it will bug the heck out of me! so I better do a good job dang it!!!

deranged_damsel 10-23-2013 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6364003)
Just checked her profile QE--Anael hasn't posted since last Saturday. We need a RV circle of healing thoughts for her and her family.

SewGladie I was just noticing this as well, I hope she is alright. Im sending LOTS of health hugs her way!

janRN 10-23-2013 08:31 AM

I'll join you in the RV to send lots of virtual hugs to Anael and all of you who aren't feeling up to par or dealing with sad things. It's very chilly hear with flurries so I'll bring some hot Italian Wedding Soup for our dinner.

Finally have today off (we work 8-6 4 days a week and always have Wednesdays off) so I'm trying to get caught up on all the posts. Waved at my S-16 and hope to get out there this afternoon to do some more practice FMQing. How much practice does it take? I depress myself with my efforts and it's too early in the day for a glass of wine LOL. Take care, all, and I'll catch up again on the week-end.

QuiltE 10-23-2013 08:59 AM

I heard there was Italian Wedding Soup and came running!! :)
mmmmmmm .... thanks JanRN! :)
And with your lunch/soup break over, get yourself out to S16 for the afternoon!

DDamsel ... having a stack of quilts ready to go, will be an incentive just to get at it and will give you just what you want ... practice practice practice! I'd say by the time you have all of those done, you will be feeling quite accomplished. Now to find the "time" away from all your wifely and motherly duties. I bet your DH will be a sweetie and just say go to it, and he'll leave you be while the kids are at school each day! :)

Surely there will be some MBs arriving? I need a fix! :)

dublb 10-23-2013 09:36 AM

I'm gonna work on my MB taday. It's PP & the foundations are cut out & so are the templates. The fabric is washed & ready ta press. As soon as I git & plant 6 more pansys. I realized that I had missed one sm flowerbed & DH handed me some $ ta go & git some more. (Outta his allowance! :) ) I had used my allowance for the others. My allowance is my fabric $ so I didn't want ta spend any moer. I had already spent $70.

dublb 10-23-2013 09:42 AM

Here is the link for the old house. We have already got an offer. It was way low so we. We have a price that we want & the offer was too low.
http://www.usamls.net/legacyrealestate/default.asp?content=expanded&search_content=result s&this_format=1&mls_number=96463&page=1&query_id=1 37072253&sortby=2
It has been neglected for way too long. Time for someone else ta git it & fix it up.

QuiltingNinaSue 10-23-2013 11:08 AM

Anael said she would be off a week, so we will keep our prayers going her way through Saturday. Her fever came up and she was seeing the doctor, as I understand from what she said. JanRN, nice you have a day to catch up on things.

Mailed my MB to ____________ today, so ETA is end of the week. More cleaning on deck tomorrow; I am 'attacking' the linen closet in my bathroom. Too many things have been tucked in there out of sight, like shoes I will never wear again, etc., so will add it to the burn pile...and wash all the towels which I try to do twice a year. Stay warm and cozy everyone.

mirabelle 10-23-2013 04:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yum Italian Wedding Soup sounds delicious,

Lots of prayers and hugs to everyone who is having a difficult time at the moment, whether it be health or family problems. The RV is a wonderful place to rest and recharge.

I was supposed to go to patchwork this morning BUT DS did not have a good evening, first he burnt his dinner:o so he decided to go buy some KFC (yuk) only to walk out the store to find some indigenous youths had broken his passenger side mirror:mad::mad:, police were called but couldn't find the delinquents. He left his car with me and took my car for his early morning start at work. Took his car to the Panel shop this morning and ordered a new mirror $509 plus fitting costs:mad: I was going to take a pic of the damage but DH bagged up the mirror and had it secured so it wouldn't damage the paint work on his car as you drove along. Went to DS's work to swap cars back and took a pic of his office with all the computer screens.

So I am going to quilt this morning, hope everyone has a great day

QuiltE 10-23-2013 04:44 PM

...............butttttttt no pic of the DDS! :)
Mom's car to the rescue ................. again! :D:D:D

JeanieG 10-23-2013 07:05 PM

Anyone else interested in the new Bonnie Hunter Mystery - Celtic Solstice? Here is the link to the fabric requirements.

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2013/...ng-celtic.html