Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 01-01-2014 03:57 PM

Beautiful, Carrie. Love the colors, design and size. Hope you share when it is completed.

mirabelle 01-01-2014 04:13 PM

Anael that is such a cute basket, I have seen the tutorial on them but don't see myself making one.

Carriem I love your block and your colour choices, are your fabrics batiks, it will be a stunning quilt, oh and I love medallions, think they just have that added pizzazz..

Thanks for letting me know what is happening Honchey, Mary Pfeiler from QOTS does not have an issue with what we are doing so that is good to know and also that she has been checking out our blocks and loves them all.

I have just returned from the Post Office where I set my January MB free and it is now winging its way to --------- where will it land????? Only one left to go and another great project finishes.

JeanieG 01-01-2014 04:19 PM

Carrie - that medallion is beautiful. I love the fabric and colors you used! WOW!!!!

carriem 01-01-2014 04:54 PM

Thanks for the compliments. Mirabelle, yes, they are batiks. I bought them for the "Rosie" quilt originally, but didn't have enough contrast for the blocks. I've added a couple more fabrics and think I should have a good variety for this quilt.

dublb 01-01-2014 10:01 PM

Well I just got back from Brady we went on Sat. (Sue your package came in while we were gone! #2DSon was so excited ta see it.) I just sat here & read for over an hour tryin' ta git caught up! LOL I'm still coughin' but it's not gittin' me down.

Anael 01-01-2014 10:51 PM

Wow Carrie, that is one stunning block! I don't know what a Round Robin is. Do others add to your block? Do you have to send your block out?

mirabelle 01-01-2014 11:08 PM

Anael a Round Robin can be done two ways.
1. you make the centre block and then it is sent to the next participant
2. you make the centre block and add the rows yourself.
Either way you follow a "recipe" ie first border may have to consist of squares and measure no more than 4 inches, second border may have to incorporate triangles and measure no more than ??? or you may have to add an applique border

I have participated in one and I vowed never never again, the whining and complaining was incredible, and the workmanship of a few participants left nothing to the imagination.
I have a quilt in my lounge room that was sort of made as a Round Robin, I made the centre block and DD decided on what border had to be added. She said "Trust me Mum" so many times when I would question her choices that that is what I named the quilt:D
There are a few book available on this type of quilt, they can be a lot of fun or a disaster, just depends on who you do it with:shock::shock:

I have spent the day sorting out my project boxes and have 11 ufo's darn I was trying to keep it under 10, but I only have 6 rows to add to my Scrappy Stars and borders and it is finished so I just might get to that magic number soon

Anael 01-02-2014 01:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Only 11 :D :D :D
Thanks for explaining. I think that's not for me, I would like to be in control of what's happening! I like the name 'Trust me Mum'. How did it turn out?

I finished my Rosie. Here she is!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454366[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]454367[/ATTACH]

links123 01-02-2014 01:04 AM

Round Robin is when you add one and pass on to next candidate. Then other one will do his on it.

mirabelle 01-02-2014 03:39 AM

Anael I will take a photo tomorrow and post it, it is one of my favourite quilts.

ooohh and I love your quilting, that's another one finished:thumbup: