Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 01-03-2014 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Funky Chicken quilt is finished! Another UFO done :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454532[/ATTACH]

carriem 01-03-2014 07:50 AM

Congrats Anael! Two finished quilts in three days, that's great!!!

Anael 01-03-2014 07:55 AM

Thanks Carrie. This one took a lot of hours to finish! But I'm very happy it's done. Now to find a place to show it :)

oksewglad 01-03-2014 09:09 AM

Oh Anael, I love the colors with the funky chickens and the fabric in the tail of the close up--"spot on!":D

Last night got a UFO done. QE is going to be delighted, I think I'm the last of the siggie block to wander in.

Carrie, so sorry your MIL is ailing. For everything there is a season....., that time is now for her and you will always be grateful of the time you spent for and with her. Love your MB blocks and the medallion center.

DDamsel-sew glad to see you drop in! You've been like me--kind of out of the loop.

dublb, hope you're feeling better--nothing like a package to cheer one up is there?

And to the rest of you--I'm back in the office mode today and will try to surface later this evening and may work on another UFO to reward myself for hard work. Temps above zero, but like Carrie says--wind and next week is going to be worse. Kids start school on Monday. Looks like QNS will be getting snow, too.

gardnergal970 01-03-2014 09:24 AM

Anael...you are becoming a second Mirabelle with your beautiful quilting and finishes!:D Very nice work indeed.
Mirabelle....oh dear. Counting flimsies as UFO's just upped my count and I was feeling so good about what I had gotten out of the project boxes. I manage mine pretty much like you described and I have a limited space to keep them in so they have to get emptied before I go too far with something new. My appliqué project hasn't really found a home yet. So much of it will be out of my scrap bins.
DD...nice you stopped by. I've been thinking about you and the weather that seems to come from your area. It was minus 6 this morning. Bright and beautiful right now.
carrie...it's nice for your DMIL that you can help her. Keep taking time for yourself without any guilt. This won't last forever.
Those of you in the East NA, stay warm! The cold is coming and we are preparing to send more snow your way next week after it passes here. This is turning out to be a real winter!

Anael 01-03-2014 09:59 AM

Carrie, I'm sorry your DMIL isn't well. I hope you did get some clubhouse time today!

GG, no, no second Mirabelle. I never will be able to finish 36 projects in one year. Oh well, potholders maybe :D

Your bad weather is on the news here. I hope you're all well, stay safe and warm!

oksewglad 01-03-2014 10:48 AM

Okay took a picture of my first UFO now FO. If interested go to:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...ml#post6490236 Post 57

and QE--don't peek:D:D:D

Honchey 01-03-2014 11:23 AM

Very good to hear from all of you..With all this Winter weather it's good to know that all are safe & sound..oh, and with internet :D I know what that's like...

I just checked out Ok's Challenge and it's so wonderful..it was a challenge for sure!!!

Everyone's been busy finishing their UFO's so nice to see all the finishes...I'm still plodding along at my own pace and will get them done eventually???? :)

It's a quiet day here.. around 9" of beautiful fluffy snow fell during the night...Icicles are hanging around the house...Dh has been knocking them off with a long broom...The sun is shining...I have no idea of how cold it it outside...dishwasher is running...clothes in the washer & dryer...everything is humming along nicely except the sewing machine...will get to that shortly.. about time after a long hiatus...Have to start thinking about the MB for this month...

Have received a response from Quiltpro...they will need to discuss the matter further as to what we can do here on the board...

Mirabelle, do you have any of the SYES's cutting info before November ? if you do please email it to me when you can..thanks,H.
Have a good day all...H.

Anael 01-03-2014 11:43 AM

OK, it was worth waiting for!

JeanieG 01-03-2014 12:48 PM

Love, love, love your Funky Chicken Anael. Such bright beautiful colors, I bet your sweet grandchildren will love to look at it. They say infants like bright colors! I like what you did with the quilting as well, it sets off those chickens beautifully.

Carrie, so sorry about your DMIL's health. All you can do is try to keep her comfortable, it is the pits getting old! My arthritic finger is aching the past few days. I hate to take even Advil, but I have to when it acts up, it helps a lot. Thank goodness I can still get relief from over the counter medications.

OK and DD - thanks for stopping bye! We miss you guys!