Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Blog Entries
    Happy, healthy, and prosperous 2014 to you all.

I spent last night making a top from woven hearts that I put in a box a while back. Today I'll put borders on while DH watches his Cardinals in the Rose Bowl. I plan to be a frequent visitor on this thread this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

I'm thinking this would be a great way to start 2014. I really want to finish the UFO's that I have because they keep me from starting projects that I really wanna start but feel GUILTY for starting yet another project. So.....finishes here I come. I hope I can figure out how to post my completions. I'm sure I'll get some help when the time comes. When I feel brave I will count them all up to see how many I have. That would defeat me before I even get started. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!!

This is terrific! I've got so many projects to complete I get overwhelmed. I think having this thread will help me focus. Today my #1 UFO is a set of placemats/napkins I promised my sis 2 yrs ago. When I tell another sis I'm getting ready to work on them she laughs!!! So today they're ready to cut out and stitch. The stitching is easy and will have decorative stitch on hems. I'll keep you posted. Again, thanks for this thread!! Jean

Blog Entries
    I like this idea but I'm not sure having only 3 UFOs makes me eligible... but I can be really good cheering others on!
    Therefore, I will subscribe to this thread and help cheer for those who have many UFOs.

Blog Entries
    I'd LOVE to join you in this challenge.

Even though I've quilted and bound a lot of quilts for customers, my quilt tops remain just tops and some projects remain unfinished!

So this year my plan is to schedule MY quilt tops just like I do my customers' quilt tops!

I'll make a list this week and subscribe to this thread!

Nan - Indiana
    https://napquilting.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/NAPQuilting/

My GOAL is to ALWAYS ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

Count me in for 2014. I have 4 crib quilts in progress and 3 Christmas ones also. If I moved stuff I am sure that I could find some more. Happy New Year.

Ok, I am in! I know I have several tops that I want to sandwich & quilt myself. I have been working on improving my FMQ, so this will help that too.
    Carol in Michigan

I just added the Sister Thread in the main forum with some photos... let's get hopping on our UFOs everyone!

Blog Entries
    I don't have a headcount, but pretty much everything is a UFO at the moment. I realized I even have two UFOs at my friend's house for when we get together to sew. Isn't that terrible?

I am so in.
    Vivian
    Yukon Territory, Canada
    www.quiltingunderthemidnightsun.blogspot.ca

I ended 2013 with 28 UFOs. After rolling over my 2013 WIPs and some MIA UFOs I recently found I am starting 2014 with a list of 43 UFOs. Needless to say I'll be hanging around here all year! It's fun to see all the new names joining in too... you will find lots of encouragement when you start posting your finishes.

I have quite a few, and would like to get some done. Don't know if I will succeed, but maybe I can, at least, get some encouragement.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asimplelife View Post
    I ended 2013 with 28 UFOs. After rolling over my 2013 WIPs and some MIA UFOs I recently found I am starting 2014 with a list of 43 UFOs. Needless to say I'll be hanging around here all year! It's fun to see all the new names joining in too... you will find lots of encouragement when you start posting your finishes.

And here we thought you were all caught up! Liked your YIReview on your blog.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Ok, so three steps into the sewing room and I have a list of TEN projects before I even really started looking!!! What is the matter with me! I loved them when I first started them, but somehow got derailed. Hmmm...think I'll focus on these to get underway and then when I get my "big girl panties"on, I'll have the courage to sort through to find the rest. That's my plan for now.
    On another note, I'm a little confused about the two threads. Is this one just for finished items? So should my comments have been posted on the other thread? Thanks for listening!

It is a bit confusing... Last year the sister thread was in the Main forum but one of the mods moved it here.

This thread is for posting finish photos and the related oohs, aahs and way to gos!

The sister thread is about UFOs that you are working on. It's a great place to get ideas, get inspired or ask for opinions on how to keep your UFO moving forward. There really aren't any rules and it's a laid back group of supportive quilters.

It will all sort itself out as we get going. No worries! Just pick a UFO and get started!

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    And here we thought you were all caught up! Liked your YIReview on your blog.
    Thank you and LOL at being caught up! With my UFO history I feel pretty on top of things but am aiming for 10-15 projects mixing UFOs and WIPs at any given time. I like to work on multiple projects at different stages and of varying complexity. I'll always have UFOs but they won't be guilt inducing!

Blog Entries
    I am in. I have at least 12 projects that need to be quilted. Also three that need the applique done on the boarders and than quilted. Looks like I will be busy this year without having to start a new project.

I'm in, I know this really works. One of things I want to finish is a Christmas quilt, I want to use my embroidery machine (never used) to put some details in the blocks. Clearly I love new starts or I wouldn't have so many UFOs.

without doing a deep look, I can think of at least 10 UFO/PIGS that I need to finish this year. I know there are more, just have to find what bins they are in.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Hopping aboard the train now. I have 7 charity tops to be quilted and 8 that I have cut and partially put together. Finally got up to the sewing room last night and am getting organized. I have one more bolt of fleece to cut up for hats for Coats for Kids, but then I will be focused on quilting.

You all are awesome!! How bravely we are facing the projects ahead! If we only think to try finishing one UFO a month, that will be 12 down by the end of the year!
    Lots of us can finish a UFO and make a new project in a month.... how fun is that?!

I'm hopping on over to the Therapy thread to make an offer on some blocks... maybe I'll find a taker!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

I'm in--there were 5 UFOs in my sewing room on New Year's Eve. I finished one yesterday, I just needed to hand sew the hanging sleeve down. Today I finished a quilt for church, picture below. The blocks were all sewn, just needed to be sewn into rows, then assembled and quilted. I did a self-binding and just stitch in the ditch. The three remaining projects will take me a little longer. One is a stained glass applique project, barely started. The second is a paper pieced Mariners Compass wall hanging, barely started. And the third is to finish hand quilting a Christmas wall hanging.

Oh, the second picture attached I finished before Christmas, it's from an invisible applique class Mary Buvia did here in August. Thought it was about time I finished it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heather

Happy New Year, everyone! It's nice to see all the names again from last year and new names for 2014. I can attest to the fact that this group is helpful. I finished 20 UFO's last year. Unfortunately, I'm starting this year with 50! I printed a list and put it up on the wall and plan to cross off each one when it's finished and posted here. I love to look at the list during the year as it gets more and more stuff crossed out!

Heather - great quilts and fabulous start, considering it's only the 2nd of January. Keep up the great work!

Michelle

Happy New Year! Count me in. I'm not sure how many I have but there are several. Just got a new Brother PQ1500s for my birthday so with three machines I really won't have any excuse not to get 'em done!

Way to go Raggiemom! I love the colors in your Church quilt and the elf is adorable!

One UFO at a time... Pick one and get started. It can become addicting and fun!

Mad quilter, I love your woven hearts. Great setting! And Raggiemom, such a cute Elf!

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast