Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Honchey 01-05-2014 01:28 PM

QuiltE, Joanns has them...online only, not in the stores. Item #1075068 listed on page 21 of needles & pins search...John James twin pointed quilting needles. $2.99 for 3 of them...

mirabelle 01-05-2014 01:44 PM

No parcel this morning QNS:thumbdown: maybe tomorrow:thumbup: will certainly let you know as soon as I get it.

Wow Anael you are powering along, 4 already, I am impressed with your determination to finish things up.

I am hoping to finish my Scrappy stars this week, made a decision last night about its size and it will be what it will be.

So QuiltE did you tell us what your gift to yourself was, did I miss something or are you keeping us in suspense:D

I am getting those Java pop ups when I click on the thread, very annoying but I just log out and come back again, will talk to DS about it, he is the computer guru, plus it gives him the chance to just shake his head at his mother:D

QuiltingNinaSue 01-05-2014 02:29 PM

Children love to correct their Mothers, Mirabelle, and at least, he lives close by. Our DS is in TEXAS and DD in Nebraska. DD has it fixed so she can log into our computers and fix them from where she lives.

Janie is a very fast worker and has left me in her dust/smoke, I am not as far along on my Irish Mist. My quilt room was sooo cold today, I did not last very long there. Made a few suggestions to Janie, and hope one of us can figure out a solution...or...something will work out.

JeanieG 01-05-2014 04:56 PM

Quilt-E, I am getting those pop-ups also. Tried googling how to get rid of them, but it seems very complicated. I've run my virus and adware protectors, but to no avail. Don't really know what they are, but are soooooo aggravating. Of anyone has a "cure" please let us know!

QuiltingNinaSue 01-05-2014 05:19 PM

Check your recent updates and what was in them; I did see some talk about Java update that caused trouble. Go back before the ad pop ups started. Delete those updates and try again. My defense system prevents popups...Bid Defenders,,advertised on QB site.

JanieW 01-05-2014 05:49 PM

Don't forget, QNS, I snuck ahead of you on the Irish Mist because you are working on a million other things as well and I am not. I think I solved the problem, an easy fix of cutting down the big triangle which is what you suggested first thing! I knew you would straighten me out !

You will have time to catch up to me as I probably wont get very much done tomorrow .

QuiltingNinaSue 01-05-2014 06:29 PM

Thank you, Janie. You make a great pardner-in-crime of doing a quilt together and figuring out the pattern. I knew there was a reason why I stopped when I did; just had to wait for someone to come along and say, "This is the way to do it!" and then to show pictures of it makes the reasoning clearer. Two heads are better than one anytime...:thumbup::thumbup: And there is no such thing as too many emails to find a solution.

Either tonight or tomorrow night will be the coldest night of the year...then it warms up on Wednesday. 13 hens roosted with the guineas and ducks tonight. Guess they think its warmer there than the hen house.:D Will see what tomorrow brings forth. You all take care, be safe and be warm, and get a good night's sleep.

dublb 01-05-2014 07:53 PM

I went ta church th'smornin' & then just sat around all day. I love comin' here & seein' what y'all are up ta. :)

Anael 01-05-2014 11:41 PM

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO
I wanted to cut the backing of Bram's quilt, I'm half a yard short and can't order the same anymore. It's been 2 years since I have this fabric, intented to use it on the PC quilt but didn't. I thought I had enough but NO :( :( Change of plans but I have no idea what to use for a backing now.

QuiltingNinaSue 01-05-2014 11:50 PM

Try Hancock fabrics; check on the for sale or advertise there on QB for some one may have it in their stash. Maybe piece it with another fabric...or find something that will go with what you have now...show a picture of it. Who knows you may find a match from our stashes....