Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

deranged_damsel 01-04-2014 02:20 PM

~~~Giggles~~~ did I hear Mirabelle say she has not finished a single thing this year?......

Well get busy already will you! 4+ days!!!

:D :D :D

ahhhhh I missed you all :D

JeanieG 01-04-2014 02:24 PM

Oh my Jan and QuiltE, you outdid yourselves on those blocks! Beautiful!

I am working on my Alabama Star, my December Spike Block, and just finished getting Step 5 done on my Bonnie Hunter Mystery. I got the block and fabric out for my January MB, and need to finish two mini MB to be caught up on them. I decided I was going to use the Mini's as a border somehow on my MB quilt. I kind of like all the variety I have going! I can do PP, then switch to piecing. I never get bored at any rate!

JeanieG 01-04-2014 02:28 PM

Not another sewing machine QuiltE - maybe Sweet 16??? A late Christmas present to yourself???

Honchey 01-04-2014 02:31 PM

A serger???? what, what, what is it???

QuiltE 01-04-2014 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel (Post 6492738)
~~~Giggles~~~ did I hear Mirabelle say she has not finished a single thing this year?......
Well get busy already will you! 4+ days!!!
:D :D :D
ahhhhh I missed you all :D

**more giggles**
Yes imagine that ... shame on her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missed you too DD!!!!!!!!!!!!

JeanieG .... that'd be a no, no and yes! :D
Honchey ... no again .... I don't "get" sergers, and so far have not seen a need for them, for me)

(*hint* sewing machine store sells more than sewing machines,
just that I call it that, being that is where I buy my machines!)

BTW ... Honchey ... does your Gallery sell the double headed quilting needles. I have been looking for them here and have not been able to find them. CarrieM does not have them at her LQS.

janRN 01-04-2014 02:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
QE, love the pink block and its little sister. I made 3 little ones then stopped, not knowing what I'd do with them. Jeanie I used 3" blocks in the border of my Pony quilt--I loved the look of them scattered around the corners.

Here's what I got in the mail today from DD--2 awesome blocks! Thank you, Candace![ATTACH=CONFIG]454734[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 01-04-2014 03:00 PM

can't stay and talk ... internet problems

Honchey ... please check your PMs
Thanks

Honchey 01-04-2014 03:24 PM

Done QuiltE...

Machine needles or Hand sewing...I can order twin needles for machine sewing...I haven't seen them..I can check the fons & porter section to see if they have them....Maybe Clover might make them..check online...I did have them years ago..not that easy to use...you need to create a steady rhythm in order to get any actual sewing done...I couldn't do it..they are weird..the eye is in the middle of the needle!!!...

QuiltingNinaSue 01-04-2014 03:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
It has been a good sewing day here; got the big stars for second Irish Mist done right! Posted in 50 stars the Alabama star and ready to post Sylvia blocks.[ATTACH=CONFIG]454758[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]454759[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]454760[/ATTACH]First picture is before they were sewn together, second one I held the camera in a twist, and third one is 6 inch blocks. Tomorrow is another day. Jan, nice blocks.

dublb 01-04-2014 04:07 PM

Taday was a busy one again but much more enjoyable. First as I was doin' my mornin' chores (which I do before I change outta my jammies) DH was online lookin' at scopes for one o' his rifles. He was gonna settle on a less expensive one rather than the one he really wanted. Our anniversary will be on the 14th so I went & got the envelope w/cash that I had socked away for his anniversary gift & told him not ta settle. Then I finished my chores & took a shower. So he ordered it & we went ta the bank ta deposit the $$ ta cover the order. The bank is next ta Academy Sportin' Goods. We stopped in there & both o' us bought some clothes. Then DH gassed up his truck. We then went ta Walgreens & picked up his eyedrops & I got some more Musinex D. Walgreens is next ta Handcock Fabrics so we went inta there & DH bought me a set o' cuttin' mats that clip tagether & become 70" long! :) (For part o' my anniversary.) Then we came home & had lunch. After lunch he told me ta go online & pick out several other things for my anniversary. After I picked a few things out we headed ta Bed Bath & Beyond & bought the curtain rods for the curtains I got in the mail last week. As we got home from there My DM called ta see if she & my DGM can come over. They were here for 2 hours. Now we are talkin' supper. I think we are gonna send #2DSon ta pick up Mexican food.