Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 06-23-2014 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The beginning of Confetti:[ATTACH=CONFIG]480191[/ATTACH]Green and yellow/off white background with long bars-pieces of purple and dark green. Suggestions? thoughts?

QuiltingNinaSue 06-23-2014 03:22 PM

sorry, its sooo fuzzy. Guess I shook up the camera as I snapped the photo.

gardnergal970 06-24-2014 04:42 AM

Jan...I didn't know quilters made what they need, rather the pattern and fabric that they needed to play with which became a quilt.:D Time to think about miniatures. They take almost as much time as a big quilt and are oh so cute when they are done. They won't put a dent in the stash though.
OK...so glad the wedding day went well and that you can relax a little. I'm glad you're on high ground since I'm hearing of a lot of rain and flooding in your state.
QuiltE...no I got the 8200 which doesn't have quite as many bells and whistles as the 8900 but I really like it.

Anael 06-24-2014 05:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 6771680)
Jan...I didn't know quilters made what they need, rather the pattern and fabric that they needed to play with which became a quilt.:D

If that were the case I should have stopped a few quilts ago :D :D
Here's one I finished today. It's the Carol Doak 2012/2013 Mystery Quilt, it only needed binding!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480236[/ATTACH]

works4me 06-24-2014 05:17 AM

Very nice start QNS.
Anael - beautiful. I am a member of Carol Doak's Yahoo group but haven't done anything yet. Your quilt makes me think I should.

carriem 06-24-2014 05:29 AM

Anael--pretty quilt. Love the quilting!!! Do you use templates or is that all free hand?

Anael 06-24-2014 05:36 AM

Thank you both! W4me, I'm a member of that group too but haven't been there for a while.

Carrie, I mostly used templates and some quilting is free hand.

QuiltE 06-24-2014 06:46 AM

JanRN ... I could see that problem coming for me. That was when I upped my game ... more intricate work. The FWS and PC slowed down the finishes! Now DJ ... and no I am not planning on NI! Minis are a good solution too ... as GGal mentioned, they take a lot of time, but oh so rewarding for the finishing. Last year, I added on learning FMQing, so I could slow down the finishes by not sending them out to be quilted. Of course, you could always pile all your quilts onto one bed and just rotate which one gets on top. Saves getting fold lines!!! :D

Anael ... that one just glows!!!! Two finishes in one day ... wonderful! What a contrast to your Ode!

Anael 06-24-2014 06:52 AM

With the temps you had last winter a pile would have been great QuiltE. I don't need a pile and I only have one spare bed in the attic. Don't want to pile my quilts onto that one as KK sometimes sleeps there.

Yes, it surely is a contrast to Ode :)

QuiltE 06-24-2014 06:58 AM

Anael ... KK would certainly appreciate a spare bed, well layered with quilts! A much softer bed for her! :D