Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

janRN 06-25-2014 04:36 AM

W4M, absolutely love the raven fabric! I've never seen that before and I'm amazed at how many different fabrics you've found to keep with your theme. I can't wait to see this finished.

QuiltE 06-25-2014 05:09 AM

JanRN ... attagirl!!!!!! for cherering W4Me along to keep at it! (even while doing her etching!) :):):)

works4me 06-25-2014 05:22 AM

Thanks QuiltE and JanRN. There are a few more colourways in the ravens and I think they will find their way into my stash. QuiltE - those are my two favourites as well - top left and bottom right. That's why I cleaned out the store of both. :)

JanRN - at first I was bemoaning the lack of Halloween batiks and figured I would have to make a lot of my own fabric. Surprise! When I decided on the quilt name I took a chance and Googled Raven Batik. Another surprise. Thank you for the continued encouragement. I can get back to the blocks in mid-July and am looking forward to them.

QuiltE 06-25-2014 05:31 AM

W4Me ... I can already picture a flock of 4-pane-raven blocks being created .... each with different alignments of all the different colourways. Just might be a good break periodically from the etching .... and de-stressing between shows. Of course, I know you have SO much time! Better still ... get those slave-kitties busy with the etching while you are at WORK to pay for their keep! :D:D:D

Honchey 06-25-2014 06:37 AM

Don't you just love Google!!!! I also like the more colorful ravens....

Anael, your "Mystery Quilt" is very pretty...I started the same one in red & white and so far Have 4 blocks done...

I've been going thru my stash to gather the patriotic fabric for the confetti quilt.. I'm going to do it in 2" strips 1.5" finished.. I can't get my head wrapped around how much fabric needed for it as I don't know the size of the quilt...I went to the website but every time I go to "shop" there's an error message... QNS, can you email me the size & yardage of the quilt? I was up until 2 a.m. I got the #'s for each block but still need the overall dimensions...

janRN 06-25-2014 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One goal down for June--got DGD's Asian inspired quilt finished. She asked for this size (crib size) so we decided to call it Study Size because she wraps up in her old quilt when she's studying. She hasn't seen it yet, I'll get it to her this week-end. Thanks for looking.[ATTACH=CONFIG]480355[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 06-25-2014 08:31 AM

Fantastic JanRN .... love the new Study Size!!! sounds better than crib size, for this young lady! You are going to win the Best Granny Award of the Year!

Honchey 06-25-2014 08:32 AM

Jan, you put this quilt together pretty quick...Chinese Lanterns???

Anael 06-25-2014 09:38 AM

Those Lanterns are lovely! Study Size is a great size :) :)

JeanieG 06-25-2014 10:01 AM

Ohhhh, just beautiful Jan! I know your granddaughter will just love it! Perfect for cuddling under to study!