Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

works4me 07-04-2014 04:55 PM

Great oksewglad. Seems this group is pretty ambitious.

I echo what QuiltE said, only without the colour effects: Happy 4th of July to our American friends.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-05-2014 05:29 AM

Lots of rain hitting Iowa today, and some here, but not as much. Hurricane Arthur is hitting NC shores, Hope Honchey is OK there. Seems clean up will have to wait on the weather, Carrie...although the temps are suppose to hit ninety degrees tomorrow. Rain forecast Monday and Tuesday again. Glad I have rain tires on my Chrysler Van.

Good days to sew in the quilt room. May it be a good day for all of you. Where o where is GardenGal...having fun, I hope...missing her on the board.

oksewglad 07-05-2014 07:50 AM

Slept late this morning--put in a long day yesterday. So glad I mowed lawn if it rains today. If it's to be in the 90's later will work in the flower beds a bit now. DH contemplating on when to cut 2nd crop hay...

Thanks for the kind comments on the quilt. Have over half the Evening stars sewn. Anael, I don't mind the repetitive sewing when I don't want to think about what I'm doing. And I do take breaks--kiddos manage to do that very well for me:D

carriem 07-05-2014 10:28 AM

Well we were able to get about 3 hours in this morning cleaning up...the last bit was in the rain, but just a light drizzle so wasn't too bad. The brush is all cleaned up...what's left is either already cut to firewood log size or needs to be. There is an old closed school in little town where she lives and the owner talked to the county about having brush from town taken there. The county will remove it (or maybe burn it) for free. We made 20 trips yesterday and 9 today with the trailer full of brush. I might try to sew a bit this afternoon...or maybe just take a nap. :)

oksewglad 07-05-2014 10:37 AM

Carrie as enticing as sewing sounds, I think you deserve a nap!

janRN 07-05-2014 01:47 PM

Carrie, I'm glad the clean up went well but I agree with OK--nap time! Please be careful of your shoulder (sorry, nurses are such nags LOL).

Hope everyone had a happy July 4th. Seems like summer just started and it's half over. Walmart already has their school supplies out!

mirabelle 07-05-2014 02:59 PM

Carrie please take notice of our resident nurse and take care of your shoulder..

My thoughts were of Honchey when I heard North Carolina was being hit, I do hope she is ok.

QuiltE 07-06-2014 06:50 AM

Me too ... wondering how Honchey is? ... hope she checks in soon.
Maybe they stayed home, knowing Arthur was arriving?

Lots of work for the clean up CarrieM ... another one here reminding you to be careful with your shoulder and not undo your progress.

JanRN ... I noticed the back to school displays already out the other day in Staples! And just shook my head!!! :D:D

OKSGlad ... Farmers are always playing weatherman when it comes to crops. Granted, I think many do a better job in the predictability than of the official forecasters!

I got my Spike Topper finished ... ready for the shower this afternoon.
Of course, I didn't want to fold it up. So how does one wrap such?
I took a pool noodle, cut it to size, and covered with tissue paper.
Rolled the topper onto it and then gift wrapped.
Worked pretty slick!!!
Now I am waiting to see if they catch on to what it is or unwrap the noodle and go ..... what? :D:D:D:D

QuiltE 07-06-2014 07:01 AM

At last ... here I am finally reviewing my June progress and deciding about July.
However, please take note ... I am earlier this month!!! :D:D

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6759342)
Now for June's plans ... OK, the month is 1/2 gone, but my glass IS 1/2 full, so I am looking for a good finale to the month!!! Keeping it simple and realistic ........
1. 13 more DJs Fifteen! :D:D
2. QOTS Minis BOM ... complete to date (first month done, 2nd and 3rd to do)
.all 3 months completed
3. Theme BOM Mini Quilts ... make June's and one more (April? May? July?)
,June's and July's were completed to the sandwich state!
4. Bridal Shower gift ... have it started before month-end (needed for July 6th)
.yes, and just barely started on the last day.
5. Pick my next UFO project to complete ... and make the plans (no sewing required!)
.The candidate has been determined and the plans made as to the next step.

BONUS ... the extra fabric from the June BOM Theme Block, I made into a table runner. It is sandwiched and waiting.

Wish me progress today! :)

Now for July's plans ... things are going to be busier now for me at WORK, so my sewing goals are reflecting such. #4 should be done in the next couple of days. Hope to follow with #5 while I am in the quilting zone!! :D:D

1. Make August BOM Theme Block
2. Do 4th set of QOTS Minis
3. 13 more DJs
3. Work on UFO project. Any progress is acceptable!
4. Quilt June and July BOM Theme Blocks
5. Quilt Table Runner.

Anyone else joining me with July plans??

Anael 07-06-2014 07:24 AM

Great goals QuiltE :) :) I hope your machine doesn't act up like mine did :(

Again I have only one goal:
finish hand quilting It Only Takes One!
And I have to finish another practice piece because I miscut one so that's another goal.