Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top Photo/Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-completed-quilt-top-photo-discussion-page-t148904.html)

dublb 02-05-2013 05:25 PM

Oh QNS, I love all o' the extra picts. This quilt is just awe-inspirin'. :thumbup:

QuiltE 02-05-2013 09:18 PM

I'm so happy for you QNSue that you have completed the FWS journey ...... it is certainly a masterpiece.
You must be soooooooooo pleased and having a hard time to not keep looking at it.

Everytime you look at it, you'll see something different that your LAQ did, and will remember another one of your stories. I know I see different things ... and while I don;t have the stories you do to accompany it, I know that I have many memories with the blocks.

Thanks for being such an encourager to my journey ... and it's been such a pleasure to be with you later in the FWS and through the PC. Now for us all to get our PC's finished! :D

JeanieG 02-05-2013 11:39 PM

One more border for my Easy Street Quilt, and I will be pulling out one of my PC Quilts to put on the display wall! I have the sashing and cornerstones for the Pony Quilt, so will start with that one first. I plan to piece the back of that quilt with all the extra pony fabric in a collage on the back.

Sadheart 02-06-2013 01:37 PM

Thank you Ladies. For the inspiration.
You're quilts are so Beautiful!!
Words alone cannot convey the feelings
your hard work, creativity and inspiration
have inspired. I do hope that I can get
my own blocks finished. =)

QuiltE 02-06-2013 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sadheart (Post 5843083)
Thank you Ladies. For the inspiration.
You're quilts are so Beautiful!!
Words alone cannot convey the feelings
your hard work, creativity and inspiration
have inspired. I do hope that I can get
my own blocks finished. =)

Of course you can do it ... just take it one block at a time, and you'll be surprised how fast they add up!

Good Luck!

Honchey 02-07-2013 08:29 PM

That's a good idea Jeanie...I have some fabric I never even used...how are you going to piece it??? crazy quilt blocks???

QNS, what color is the sashing ? ... I've been trying to find a dark charcoal gray and have not been successful...

QuiltE 02-07-2013 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 5846322)
That's a good idea Jeanie...I have some fabric I never even used...how are you going to piece it??? crazy quilt blocks???

QNS, what color is the sashing ? ... I've been trying to find a dark charcoal gray and have not been successful...

Honchey ... check out JeanieG's and my favourites, the different types of Fusions. So many different colours (like over 100) in most of the Fusions! I'm sure I saw a charcoal in the Fusions Mist ... and probably in the others too. Will be a nice frame for your blocks, being softer than a true black.

JeanieG 02-07-2013 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 5846322)

My friend gave me two 15" x 15" horse pieces from a panel. I plan to somehow cut my remaining horse fabrics into shapes and work from the 15 X 15 pieces out. I don't know what size quilt I will have yet, have not seen the PC Pony quilt pieces in a while - don't even know how many I have! LOL

We are going out with our camping group next week, so will get the PC Pony squares out when I get home. Gee maybe my BB will be here when I get back!

QuiltingNinaSue 02-08-2013 06:41 AM

Honchey, it was a dark charcoal grey/black which I ran out of so the corner on one side did change from what was used in the rest of it. And I did not learn my lesson and the same happened on the PC quilt...last 35 blocks will have different fabric 'cause I could not get any more RK fusion mustard yellow fabric. So be it.

Honchey 02-13-2013 07:44 PM

Hi Nina, do you want me to check out the quilt shops here for the yellow you need??? I could go tomorrow afternoon..some of the shops carry the fusion..I could call to find out for you....