Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

Elisabrat 12-25-2012 09:34 AM

Thank you everyone for playing this marvelous mystery train game. I so much enjoy having a place to go to.. to see other woman doing the same thing together and how different we all are playing. Some used everything as suggested in the train instructions some tailored them to better suit their needs, everyone used completely different color palates and it was exciting seeing progress as it was posted and TADA moments when some were finished. So thank you everyone and I hope to not drive you horrendously nuts playing the next two trains. I think I loved the food so much I might just sit here in the first car and wait for the rest of you to jump on. Merry Christmas everyone.

pbadder 12-25-2012 11:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas Day. I want to share with you what I am working on at the moment Granddaughter asked if I would make an Elmo Quilt. Well here it is and I surprised them by adding a few family photos into the quilt blocks. I am going to sash around blocks with black. The outer border will be material with Cookie Monster and Elmo doing Football. First picture is of the blocks, second one is Great Grandson Kody.[ATTACH=CONFIG]384003[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]384004[/ATTACH]

coopah 12-26-2012 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]384122[/ATTACH]The colors aren't true in this photo. The black is actually a dark forest green and the white is actually mint green. Nevertheless, is the the way these blocks go together? Something isn't looking right and I don't want to sew them all and not have it work the way it's supposed to. Maybe I'm just having a "duh" moment. Thanks for any help. Somehow I only ended with four 9 patches...back to the sewing table! Hope everyone on our QB is safe from this storm.

jaba 12-26-2012 06:04 PM

That's right coopah but you should have more blocks. Still need to quilt mine, then I'll post it.

coopah 12-26-2012 07:00 PM

Thanks, Jaba. It just didn't look right. Oh, yes, I have more blocks, but when I take an iPad picture, they come out huge...I was just needing to confirm that I had it correct before trying to stitch it all together. Tomorrow PM will find me at the machine again. :-)

jaba 12-26-2012 07:20 PM

Coopah, go to post # 1092. On my computer it's page 110 and you can see the final results of our hostess's quilt. She did split them up and make 2 instead of 1, but it will give you a very good idea of how it all goes together for sure. Hope this helps....

coopah 12-27-2012 05:29 AM

Thanks, Jaba. I have screen shots of Judy's and some of the others, but my problem is...hard to explain. I think I have to get all the blocks laid out to see the full pattern. The purple has the light color in the spot where on the green it is the darker color...I'm just nuts and way over thinking this. Today is errands day, so will work on it tomorrow and just do it. This dithering is probably why I have so many UFOs and why my mother bought me a journal "Me and My Big Ideas...A Goal Journal" for Christmas (it's going back to the store!!).

jaba 12-27-2012 07:41 AM

too funny, maybe that's what I need is a journal. I write things down and then can't find the paper I wrote it on. Maybe with a journal it would all be in one place, I'd just have to find the journal :thumbup:

Elisabrat 12-27-2012 03:38 PM

looks good to me!

paintmejudy 12-27-2012 04:28 PM

Works for me, coopah! Will look different when you put a couple more together, you'll see the X made of the dark and the light squares.